SASS Wire Forum

There is a special blessing.

There is a special blessing when your father builds a standing legacy, for family to enjoy for generations to come.

I had those memories and great experiences as a child growing up spending time in the mountains...and now my kids and grankids get that blessing too!

image000000.jpg

image000000(2).jpg

image000000(3).jpg

image000000(4).jpg

Miss Sue...

Your post, about a father, reminds me of the Allan Jackson song...

"And he bowed his head to Jesus.

And he stood for Uncle Sam.

And he only loved one woman.

He was always proud of what he had.

He said his greatest contribution,

Are the one's you leave behind.

Raised on the ways and gentle kindness,

Of a small town southern man."

The pictures of the kids reminds me of the Oak Ridge Boys' song: Thank God for Kids.

"Thank God for kids, there's magic for a while.

A special kind of sunshine in a smile.

Do you ever stop to think, or wonder why,

The nearest thing to Heaven, is a child.

When you get down on your knees tonight,

To thank the Lord for His guiding light,

And pray they turn out right,

Thank God for kids.

Thank God for kids."

The best song about kids, and grandkids, was written, and sung, by George Ensle... The song is:  "April's Lullaby" 

Check that one out on youtube. 

:lol:

W.K. 

6 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Miss Sue...

Your post, about a father, reminds me of the Allan Jackson song...

"And he bowed his head to Jesus.

And he stood for Uncle Sam.

And he only loved one woman.

He was always proud of what he had.

He said his greatest contribution,

Are the one's you leave behind.

Raised on the ways and gentle kindness,

Of a small town southern man."

The pictures of the kids reminds me of the Oak Ridge Boys' song: Thank God for Kids.

"Thank God for kids, there's magic for a while.

A special kind of sunshine in a smile.

Do you ever stop to think, or wonder why,

The nearest thing to Heaven, is a child.

When you get down on your knees tonight,

To thank the Lord for His guiding light,

And pray they turn out right,

Thank God for kids.

Thank God for kids."

The best song about kids, and grandkids, was written, and sung, by George Ensle... The song is:  "April's Lullaby" 

Check that one out on youtube. 

:lol:

W.K. 

Will do that!

I have the same legacy Sue. We built the cabin when my son was a little boy. I've since bought the 20 acres next to the original 20. My grandson is the sixth generation to be on the property. Part of my great grandparents farm.

IMG_20191027_155751283.jpg

4 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

I have the same legacy Sue. We built the cabin when my son was a little boy. I've since bought the 20 acres next to the original 20. My grandson is the sixth generation to be on the property. Part of my great grandparents farm.

IMG_20191027_155751283.jpg

Blessings!

9 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Blessings!

Truly. I can't thank my folks enough for buying the property from my grandfather. My sister and her husband bought the 40 next to mine. Manistee National Forest on the other side. 

I need to figure out how to will it to my kids so it is protected from divorce or other mishaps. Not saying it would happen but hey, things happen.

You might want to check with a real-estate lawyer, and see about putting the property in a trust. If it's possible to do, the land will belong to the trust, and you can designate a trustee to the place, and that trustee can, at some point in the future, designate another trustee to take their place.

No individual owns the property, the trust does. 

There are good things about a trust, and not so good things, but the real estate attorney can point out those things. It might be one solution.

Maybe.

42 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Truly. I can't thank my folks enough for buying the property from my grandfather. My sister and her husband bought the 40 next to mine. Manistee National Forest on the other side. 

I need to figure out how to will it to my kids so it is protected from divorce or other mishaps. Not saying it would happen but hey, things happen.

Put it in Trust or 100 year lease in the kids name.

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

A trust is the solution for inheritance of a family cabin amongst siblings after the folks are gone. Our folks set up a trust for their beach cabin on the ocean in Oregon. We six siblings are the benificial owners, with the rights of use, but the trust is the legal owner.

They died 20+ years ago and it works well. It contributes to family harmony, whereas legal inheritance as tenants in common is a recipe for disaster as the years go by. Sometimes a sibling wants to sell his share; sometimes one really needs the money and has to sell. The others don't want to buy-- it's gotten high in value and the purchase won't give them any more use of the place than they already have and want. So maybe he sells his share to a third person and wrecks the thing.

With a trust, nobody owns anything to sell. The problem never arises.

50 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

This house is still in the family. That is my Grandfather, Grandmother, Mom, and Uncle.

Grandpa, Mom, Grandma, Uncle Jerome.JPG

Love that sooooooo much!

My brother recieved the family home. He sold it in order to pay off his home and property, wich is okay.

I will not sell the cabin, in fact we will make it home once Shanley retires...and it will then be in Trustee of 2 of the 6 to keep it going down the lineage.

5 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Love that sooooooo much!

My brother recieved the family home. He sold it in order to pay off his home and property, wich is okay.

I will not sell the cabin, in fact we will make it home once Shanley retires...and it will then be in Trustee of 2 of the 6 to keep it going down the lineage.

Where is this house located?

Archived