SASS Wire Forum

What brand is your lever action ?

Buckshot Bear

Rossi Puma 1892 38/357,   Uberti 1873 38/357,   Beretta Renegade 38/357,   Iver Johnson 22caliber.

Jackrabbit Joe

all Ubees

39 minutes ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Well ya see, there was this boat... ;)

I had a similar accident with TN Williams  S&W 617 pistol that he left on my boat

and his favorite 1911.    I didn't loose any of mine but both of his are somewhere

at the bottom of Norris Lake, deepest area of the Dam.

Poor soul!  :o

..........Widder

48 minutes ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

Anyone keeping score?

I'm not..... BUT, it would be nice if they also listed the company and any mods by 'so & so'

to inform us.

I know a couple (or a few) of the shooters that list a Marlin are using a Widdermatic, of which

makes me feel good.

..........Widder

My Taylor Trapper made by Uberti sadly sank to the bottom of Lake Roosevelt when I dropped it while I was using it as a fishing pole.....gosh I sure do miss that '73.

4 minutes ago, Arizona Gunfighter said:

My Taylor Trapper made by Uberti sadly sank to the bottom of Lake Roosevelt when I dropped it while I was using it as a fishing pole.....gosh I sure do miss that '73.

That's why you only use Rossi's as a fishin pole.

5 minutes ago, Hendo said:

That's why you only use Rossi's as a fishin pole.

And the Henry Big Boy's are good for a tomato stake, or boat anchor..... or so I been told.

..........Widder

On 7/10/2021 at 5:13 PM, Lever Jim said:

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get my Winchester (Miroku) '73 factory competition rifle as it keeps going on back order.

I'm thinking of getting a Uberti '73

There's not the parts and gunsmiths down under though like you guys have in the US to work on a Uberti.

We have a Uberti '73 in .45. I wanted a '73 in .38 for years as everyone bragged on them. Hubby (aka Gun Boy) said no as he hated the Uberti. Finally, he fondled a Mirouku Winchester '73 and I got my wish. :wub:

I shot the Uberti once in a WB match, I didn't notice much difference than my usual Marlin '45. Maybe his objection was to cleaning and working on it. :unsure:

So, maybe patience will get you the gun of your dreams.

PS My favorite is my Marlin .38. Take that with a grain of salt as I'm not very fast.

Thanks one and all for the replies, much appreciated.

I'm thinking to get a Uberti and if the Winchester ever comes in.....well I've have two '73's :)

I would have to use the Uberti though virtually as is out of the packing box. Is that feasible or do they have to have work done to them?

18 minutes ago, Lever Jim said:

I'm thinking to get a Uberti and if the Winchester ever comes in.....well I've have two '73's :)

I would have to use the Uberti though virtually as is out of the packing box. Is that feasible or do they have to have work done to them?

Okay, I am not anywhere near a top shooter, but my Uberti in .45 Colt runs great right from the box. If I ever get a lot better, then I will probably have an action job done on it because the way they feel after one is SO nice.

19 minutes ago, Lever Jim said:

Lot's of folks shoot them without mods.

Can you be competitive with a "Box Stock" 73? Depends on your competition. 

Phantom

13 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Lot's of folks shoot them without mods.

Can you be competitive with a "Box Stock" 73? Depends on your competition. 

Phantom

Just feeding issues/reliability would be at the top of my list. The Winchester (on back order) that I have my name on is 'factory competition ready' the blurb says.

25 minutes ago, Lever Jim said:

Just feeding issues/reliability would be at the top of my list. The Winchester (on back order) that I have my name on is 'factory competition ready' the blurb says.

I ran my Cimarron 73 (Uberti) right out of the box for a bit before I started changing things up. I also have a C&I Uberti 73 with pretty much all the goodies.

I'm not any faster with that.

A word to the wise, stone, smooth and polish the tip of the trigger.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

I ran my Cimarron 73 (Uberti) right out of the box for a bit before I started changing things up. I also have a C&I Uberti 73 with pretty much all the goodies.

I'm not any faster with that.

A word to the wise, stone, smooth and polish the tip of the trigger.

If you are not faster with the C&I gun over a Box Stock 73, then something is wrong.

Phantom

1 hour ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

If you are not faster with the C&I gun over a Box Stock 73, then something is wrong.

Phantom

You do understand the concept of self depreciating humor, right? 

Archived