SASS Wire Forum

What brand is your lever action ?

Buckshot Bear

My cows & horses have brands... the lever actions HAD manufacturers... After being altered, which is not so important now.

2 'Widdermatic' Marlin 1894's.

1  'Widdermajik' Marlin 1894 set up for the .45 Colt/C45S.

I also own a Winchester 9422 and Henry 'Widder Soft Stroke' lever .22

..........Widder

EMF, Cimarron, Uberti, Taylors, of course these are really all Ubertis.  Winchester, Marlins & Rossi (Puma, Brazetech), etc.

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get my Winchester (Miroku) '73 factory competition rifle as it keeps going on back order.

I'm thinking of getting a Uberti '73

There's not the parts and gunsmiths down under though like you guys have in the US to work on a Uberti.

2 minutes ago, Lever Jim said:

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get my Winchester (Miroku) '73 factory competition rifle as it keeps going on back order.

I'm thinking of getting a Uberti '73

There's not the parts and gunsmiths down under though like you guys have in the US to work on a Uberti.

Check with Chuck and Pearl Star.

Ubertis

Marlins

Miroku Winchester

All durn good.

Marlin, Rossi, Uberti, Henry

Uberti 66 yellowboy, 24" 44-40 oct barrel,  Uberti 73 short 20" 44-40 oct barrel.  The yellowboy has partial slick job, 73 has full slick job. Like going from manual steering to power steering! NOTE: I had a Uberti 73 24" 45 oct barrel because my revolvers are 45. I found out shooting 45s with low CAS loads, the walls on 45 cases don't expand good because walls are thick top to bottom. You get a lot of burnt powder backwash and I had to completely disassemble after every shoot to clean. PAIN IN YOU KNOW WHAT! I traded back to 44-40 because problem is not near as bad. Plus 4 " shorter barrel in CAS is a benefit. Both bought used. The Yellowboy was over 20 yrs old and  did have the top extractor break during competition. Luckily as always there's always a fellow cowboy on site to help out in our sport and was lent a backup rifle and ammo to finish shoot. You can save a lot of cash and time buying used already slicked up! Extractor fix was simple and part was easily found! Also Some say 44-40 is hard to reload, Hogwash, I find it no more difficult than 45s, a little spray lube and your good to go, authentic like and fun to shoot! 

Couple of Uberti 73's for me. .357

Couple Marlin's for the wife. .357 (she shoots B Western)

5 Henry Golden Boy .22's ( waiting for grandsons to get old enough to give to them)

Have had a couple of 92's in the past. They did not work out. 

Miroku's

2 66's

2 73's one is the pistol grip 24" octagon sporter

1 WR anniversary special uberti

All 38/357

Marlin 1894 Cowboy Competition in 45 Colt

Ellie shoots an Marlin 1894CS in 357, she shoots 38sp

I'm thinking about a lever-action something or other... “Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world. ”  

Perhaps a Henry Big Boy?

3 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I have no guns.

If I did...I wouldn't advertise it.

:ph34r:

I'll loan you one of my 97's next time we meet.  And I'll even show you how it works

and how to shoot it.

:lol:

..........Widder

8 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I'll loan you one of my 97's next time we meet.  And I'll even show you how it works

and how to shoot it.

:lol:

..........Widder

Only if I can see...here on the Wire for all the World to see...you're collection.

Throw in your address to so that I can come by and check them out...oh, and please post pictures of your dinner in real time so that I'll know when you're not home to show me these 97's.

:rolleyes:

Archived