SASS Wire Forum

I bet that got everyone's attention

Chantry

I live at the top of a mountain; the tops of all the tall trees have fried branches. But the air is clean up here, there is no road noise, lots of wildlife including bears, blackberries and other food growing wild. Also have scattered thunderstorms in the forecast for every day this week.

When the flash and boom are simultaneous, the electronic door wedge alarm at the back door goes off, the car alarm on the other side of the house chirps, and, if I have not disconnected the Internet before the storm arrived, I get to order a new cable modem.

I would have put this on here soon but ironically we had a big thunderstorm pass over and lightning knocked out the internet. The lightning may be bad in the area where I live but no where near as bad as places in India during the monsoon season.

Eighteen people in India were killed by a single lightning bolt today as they were taking selfies during a storm. They had positioned themselves on a tower, you know...for the best selfie shots. Story below.

https://www.foxnews.com/weather/lightning-strike-kills-selfie-takers-jaipur-india

Had my own boom story last year. A storm came in and a resident called in and said that windows were open in one of our new singles. Associate called me and said to go check it. I got over there and it was flashing and booming pretty good bye then. Got soaked going up the drive and steps, reached for the storm door handle and FLASH! Boom!!!!!!!!!No click first just flash boom and hardly any interval between. Talk about pucker! On top of that, the dang windows WERE shut!:blink::o:angry::blush:

On 7/11/2021 at 9:10 PM, Buckshot Bob said:

I like the quote from Lee Trevino “ when God wants to play through you let him play through”

If I remember right Lee was hit by lightning twice 

Lee was asked what club would he use if he had to play in a thunder storm.  He said a 1 iron.  When asked why he said, "Not even God can hit a 1 iron."

Archived