SASS Wire Forum

I had an enlightenment today

I overheard a waitress talking to two old customers and they were discussing the anti-covid masks.

She asked why we were forced to wear them for the covid virus but never for flu, measles, mumps, colds, chicken pox, and any of hundreds of other contagious diseases over the years.

I've been thinking about that all day and asking that same question over and over again:  WHY?

Perhaps they knew that a virus is so small, that it can go through a mask like it wasn't there. 

Perhaps they knew about washing hands, and faces, before eating anything, and to use a handkerchief to sneeze or cough in, might do more than to wear a mask. 

Perhaps they did not have the mind-set, then, that the people in charge have today.

I wish I had thought to ask my Grand-Dad about the flu epidemic, back around world war 1, and how they dealt with it. Obviously they dealt with it differently than we have dealt with this plague. But...I don't recall seeing any photographs, of the general populace, with masks on.

Doctors, and nurses, and hospital staff, have been wearing masks for years, while on the job, but until all this, it never seemed to migrate to the general public in a big way...in the United States anyway. 

Good question...why indeed. 

Things happen, and one wonders if it is by accident, or impulse, or fear...or...by design??? (eeeeeekkkkkkk, a conspiracy theory!!!! Heaven forbid!!!).   

But...I think it is best not rule anything out, until, and if, the truth comes out....if it ever does. 

Some interesting reading…

https://www.newsweek.com/fauci-said-masks-not-really-effective-keeping-out-virus-email-reveals-1596703

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/leaked-email-fauci-obama-official-not-wear-mask-virus-pass-through-material

https://nypost.com/2021/06/06/was-mask-wearing-pointless-after-all-fauci-must-answer/

I distinctly recall Fauci saying masks won’t help keep one from catching CoVid back in January 2020.. I also recall a couple of days later he backtracked. 

The main reason is that the listed diseases have a small incidence of mortality.

Of all you list, only the flu carries among Western adult populations a particular level of mortality, but it is considerably lower. A 2-3% mortality rate among over-70s is actually a very high mortality rate for infectious diseases in modern times. That's Covid.

And then, for measles, mumps, and chicken pox, vaccinations have been standard for decades, and for flu have been wise. As for colds, the comparison approaches the ridiculous.

But who can argue with waitresses and old customers, after all....

5 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

The main reason is that the listed diseases have a small incidence of mortality.

Of all you list, only the flu carries among Western adult populations a particular level of mortality, but it is considerably lower. A 2-3% mortality rate among over-70s is actually a very high mortality rate for infectious diseases in modern times. That's Covid.

And then, for measles, mumps, and chicken pox, vaccinations have been standard for decades, and for flu have been wise. As for colds, the comparison approaches the ridiculous.

Among the general population what was the motality rate for covid? And what was the infection rate?

WHY wear mask for Covid?

Because it is such a highly infectious virus that had little control and cure PLUS.....

back in the olden days, there wasn't a Walmart around every corner where 100's

of folks gather daily,  schools and class rooms were smaller and the big reason

'they' wanted us to wear mask was probably the Media hype.

To some folks, the good ole USA was coming apart at the seams.  A 'cause' was

needed to help sew up a few seams, solidify some folks, etc.....

Sooooo, it helped solidify the Democrats and their causes..... and it helped solidify

Republicans and their causes.

Efforts were made to hate the Chinese, just like the elections were an attempt to

hate the Russians.

They didn't need a cause for most of us to hate Jane Fonda!   

..........Widder

Because it was never about Covid, it was about getting rid of Trump. When "they" found out how easily it was to control the sheeple, they kept pushing it, both to see how long they could keep it up, how easy it is for them to control the Great Unwashed,  and so that even when the science proved otherwise, they wouldn't admit that they had been so wrong about the whole thing. 

as for statistics:

U.S. population 332,976,690

Total Covid cases 34,711,416

total deaths 622,708

total recovered 29,222,972

So just at a glance, about 11% of the country actually contracted it. about 1.8% died, the rest of us GOT OVER IT.

And just for the heck of it: 

Infections AFTER getting vaccine 10,262

I have heard more reports of vaccinated people getting Covid than than people getting again after having already had it. 

9 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Because it was never about Covid, it was about getting rid of Trump. When "they" found out how easily it was to control the sheeple, they kept pushing it, both to see how long they could keep it up, how easy it is for them to control the Great Unwashed,  and so that even when the science proved otherwise, they wouldn't admit that they had been so wrong about the whole thing. 

as for statistics:

U.S. population 332,976,690

Total Covid cases 34,711,416

total deaths 622,708

total recovered 29,222,972

So just at a glance, about 11% of the country actually contracted it. about 1.8% died, the rest of us GOT OVER IT.

And just for the heck of it: 

Infections AFTER getting vaccine 10,262

I have heard more reports of vaccinated people getting Covid than than people getting again after having already had it. 

So, 4,865,736 are still sick?

In Missouri around 96% new cases are Delta. Around 40% are vaccinated. No mask mandate in the state. Another thing to account is when something starts on either coast or both, the central states are the last to get it. Always been that way.

I'd like to respectfully suggest that we don't have a damned idea what is happening nor has happened in most of those countries.  They have lied to us for years about diseases and accidents and murder rates in their country, and as for the masks our government ( people whose veracity I also doubt) has already stated that the masks don't do much......so, once again, WHY?

20 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

so - i think the current administration wants to kill off the older population so why pretend that these actually work ? 

3 hours ago, watab kid said:

so - i think the current administration wants to kill off the older population so why pretend that these actually work ? 

Let everyone choose for himself. And let the chips fall where they may. All by now have long since had all of the information they will ever need, whether from down at the corner cafe, or from other reliable sources.

Litmus test to see who chooses safety over freedom. ie: if you do what I say you'll stay safe. Regardless of the logic.

Those who are interested can read John M. Barry "The Great Influenza".

ISBN-10: 0143036491
ISBN-13: 978-0143036494

This is a deep forensic dive into the 1918 H1N1 influenza pandemic (yes, it started in Kansas).
The author details the intentional failures of Woodrow Wilson and General John Pershing which spread this disease around the world.
He also details the pathology of virus infections, how they mutate, and why a true vaccine isn't possible for a shifting antigen bug.

The virus hides from the immune system by constantly mutating (antigen shifting) its external membrane receptors.
Vaccines target static antigens, so trying to vaccinate for a virus is no more effective that trying to hit a running dog with a rock from 100 feet away.

Masks don't stop a virus:  they stop the snot droplets the virus is carried on.
My wife and I have really enjoyed 17 months of being illness-free.
We attribute this to wearing masks at Walmart, vigorous hand washing and sanitizing, and disinfecting all groceries when brought into the house.
We both carry a tube of sanitizer for use in stores where we handle items.

5 hours ago, bgavin said:

Vaccines target static antigens, so trying to vaccinate for a virus is no more effective that trying to hit a running dog with a rock from 100 feet away.

How in the world did they ever eliminate the smallpox and polio viruses? And a few others......

1 hour ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

How in the world did they ever eliminate the smallpox and polio viruses? And a few others......

Buy developing effective vaccines and international vaccination programs.  Thereby almost eliminating infectable hosts.   With no hosts the virus becomes extinct.

Archived