SASS Wire Forum

6.0 Earthquake south of Minden NV along CA/NV border

Sedalia Dave

You folks out West and in Califruitie,  keep your hot air balloons inflated and ready to fly.

That would be the only way out when THE BIG ONE hits.

;)

..........Widder

10 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

You folks out West and in Califruitie,  keep your hot air balloons inflated and ready to fly.

That would be the only way out when THE BIG ONE hits.

;)

..........Widder

Actually, according to Seismologists, small quakes ease pressure helping to keep “The Big One” from happening. 

Do I believe that? Not really, but it seems to make people feel better. 

So which one of you was trying out their new black powder shotgun load with lots and lots of 1F?

13 minutes ago, Chantry said:

So which one of you was trying out their new black powder shotgun load with lots and lots of 1F?

TN Williams overloaded (double charged) his 50-110 on the 4th and didn't get to shoot it

till yesterday.

:D

..........Widder

38 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Oh the horror... oh the humanity...
Everything East of Tahoe is gonna fall into the Atlantic!

That’s not funny! That means I would be stuck here…:lol:

4 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Yeah... but D.C. Chicago and New York City would be... elsewhere.

From my perspective, they already are!!

You can add Baltimore and Boston to that list as well!!

SF local new covered it all morning a rock slide put some big rocks in Highway 395 . 3 cars where hit 

then for rest of morning cars had to drive around them  untill caltrans gets there 

4 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I believe that @Subdeacon Joe is the one with access to a really cool cannon.

Used to, anyway.  Haven't done that for about five years now.  I miss parts of it, especially talking to the public at reenactments about the technology of War of 1861 artillery.  

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Used to, anyway.  Haven't done that for about five years now.  I miss parts of it, especially talking to the public at reenactments about the technology of War of 1861 artillery.  

If I had the disposable cash I would love to have a small caliber Whitworth

One of the Ren Faire's were used to do (Sonora) had a guy there demo-ing a small cannon.
Very informative.
And lots of fun when it went BOOM.

2 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Can't wait till Mammoth Mt. blows it's top again!

Me neither. Perhaps the jet stream would distribute poison gases to the south and east of the mountain and purge the Colorado area of pesky leftists and other annoying people. :lol::lol::lol:

We are just north of Minden. Wife and I were playing with the new pup. Shook the house good. Wife thought we left the quakes behind when we left Kali. Upset her pretty good :wacko: 

Y'all are missing the important part....  :huh:

Stand by for an announcement from Emperor Gavin's Fortress of Solitude:  :rolleyes:

In light of the geologic instability of the region, there will be a cessation of uncontrolled drilling of water wells.  Obviously, existing wells and the extraction of drinking water has been the leading cause of "Tectonic Change" - reduction of water in the ground creates more friction along faults.  Faults cannot slip smoothly and major 'quakes are more likely.  To this end, new wells will have to be approved and will require payment of heavy fees to the state.  These monies will be used to aid immigration services.

To ameliorate the obvious and devastating effect of existing ag and domestic wells, every active well will require an annual inspection and will be taxed accordingly.  New wells will require meters, and existing wells will require meters to be retrofitted when having major service performed (new pump or pump motor).  Monies collected will be used to fund committees to issue proclamations on climate change.

Since new reservoirs are prohibited, much water consumed by communities comes from wells.  Presently, a glass of water can be served in a restaurant only if requested, under the new guidelines/requirements the glass of water will be charged for and that money will go to the State.  These monies will be used to fund Social Justice Warriors of Los Angeles and San Francisco counties; excess funds will be disbursed to members of the State Legislature.

Camping and hiking must be controlled - the vibrations of booted and flip-flop shod feet can trigger tectonic events.  Therefor, such activities will be allowed only in certain areas at certain times and fees will be collected.  This will be necessary to avoid disturbing the delicate balance of plate tectonics.  Monies collected will be directed to aid funding of the High Speed Rail project.

Also, a statewide increase in gasoline tax will be emplaced to fund the creation of agencies to oversee the collection and spending of these "new" monies.

So sayeth the Emperor!   

Hey... don't laugh!  It COULD happen!!   :lol:

Emperor Nuisance says: "Reduce your water consumption by 15%"
The rest of us say: "Stop issuing building permits until you have sufficient water capacity in place."

2 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

"...will require payment of heavy fees to the state. ..."

yup , because this will stop all further earthquakes as well as global warming and cooling and besides john kerry [who served in VN ] will be richer and able to fly all over the world increasing these taxes 

2 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

We're just East of all the hot air in Sacramento (which would probably fill Widder's hot air balloon).  Didn't feel any of the shaking.  I think it could only have been felt in San Fran if someone was up 16 stories in a tall building, rather than on the ground.

Nuisance is the same dumbarse that wants everyone to drive electric cars but tells us all to be prepared for power blackouts. I hope I never meet him…I don’t want to go to jail with crap splattered all over myself. I swear I will b**** slap that piece of excrement.  

Archived