SASS Wire Forum

Ruger Old Army Buntlines——SOLD!!

Yul Lose

I bought this pair of Old Army Buntlines from Prairie Dawg (sound familiar:D) a few years  ago thinking that I’d either grow taller or my arms would grow longer and neither happened so they’ve been in the safe ever since I got them. I bought the R&D cylinders for them but never shot them. They’ll be shipped without the R&D cylinders, those will be shipped separately. I’ll include the two pairs of holsters.

Rowdy Yates with Lee’s Gunsmithing built these many years ago for Filthy Lucer and the barrels are 12” long!!! Shooting a Josey Wales match with these will make you a legend. $4,200.00 delivered to your ranch.

9EC9DC81-B08C-4C40-B061-3F1B487FCD48.jpeg

They are nice guns, and YL did not point out that the barrels are tapered, so they are not as heavy as you might think.

Heck of a lotta fun shootin' them gunfighter.

And, yes, these were my Josey Wales "rifle-pistols" for many years.

Too Much Fun!

--Dawg 

I’ve shot these!!  They’re a hoot!  They don’t feel front heavy at all.  Really suuuweeet!

BTT.

If you buy these I’ll hook you up with the engraver that did my other set. Picture the Texas cattle brand engraving on these Buntlines!!!!

Prairie Dawg how is the recoil in these compaired to a 1851 Navy?  I have Arthritis in my hands and had to stop shoting my ROA's in matches.  Full house loads hurt to much so went to Navies, would be nice to go back to ROA's.

Bump.

20 hours ago, Pee Wee #15785 said:

Prairie Dawg how is the recoil in these compaired to a 1851 Navy?  I have Arthritis in my hands and had to stop shoting my ROA's in matches.  Full house loads hurt to much so went to Navies, would be nice to go back to ROA's.

Why are you shooting "full house" loads to hit a target 7 yds away?  Load them off the gun, or get an extended rammer.  15-20gr of powder, and a .457 ball is all you need for a light, manageable load, that the wt. of the ROAs will soak up.  If you want to put in a filler to get the ball closer to the mouth of the chamber, stick in a .450 or .455 Circle Fly Fiber wad. 

7 hours ago, Moe T Vator said:

If we use these at RR Bar we could touch the targets! 

It’d cut down on your misses :P.

BTT….

On 7/9/2021 at 10:21 AM, Pee Wee #15785 said:

The recoil is not too bad, cuz the guns are a little heavier than Navies.

I used 25 grains FFFg, and a 457 round ball, and they shot pretty flat and true.

I never had much trouble hitting long range pistol target matches.

--Dawg

My barrels are longer and shinier than Mud Flap Mikes set, just sayin.

BTT.

These are Too Much Fun!!

Main Match Pistols at PA State many years ago:

prairiedawgsbuntlinebelchingsmoke&flame.

Josey Wales "rifles" at Possum Trot many years ago:

Dawg_at_possum2.jpg

dawg_at_possum.jpg

Bump.

• Yul Lose changed the title to Ruger Old Army Buntlines——SOLD!!

Archived