SASS Wire Forum

Tucson

Subdeacon Joe

Same here.  I read, last night, that the city council, or whatever they call themselves, passed a resolution directing local law enforcement to co-operate with federal law enforcement and enforce federal statutes. This in violation of the state law that was recently passed.

I did as well, try this link same story, different source:  https://news.yahoo.com/tucson-ignore-arizonas-second-amendment-040606234.html

The brick outhouse lawyers on the city council & da mayor didn't bother to search SCOTUS jurisprudence on the subject.  SCOTUS has ruled that the feds can't commander state & local government' resources.   State & local government support in enforcing federal law is strictly voluntary.  States have the power to prevent use of state & local governments for assisting the Feds in enforcing federal laws by passing laws that have penalties for assisting the feds.  CA has an illegal alien sanctuary law that bans assisting the feds in enforcing immigration laws.  This includes notifying ICE when an illegal is in county or state custody or when one is being released from custody.  The only valid basis the city has for challenging the gun sanctuary law is if there is a conflict with the AZ state constitution.

Basically, Mayor Romero is expressing the opinion that refusing to abide by state or federal rules is only acceptable when done by communities run by members of his own party.   :mellow:

Well, I s'pose he reckons that's fair.   <_<

Tucson has always been a city of rogue yahoos when it comes to obeying anything passed by a Republican. They think they are immune from anything they don't like. Yet they are the first to call foul when a Republican enclave tries to buck democrat edicts. They have bad peyote over there.

PF

Archived