SASS Wire Forum

Taylor's EoT 40th anniversary '73?

Jackson Haller

Howdy all!

Just ran across one of these.  Never heard of this before; very nice in the white receiver and half ocatagon half round barrel, short rifle in 357.  Seems to have been a limited run.  Was Taylor's selling these at the recent EoT?  Any more info on them? Thanks!

Well Sacramento,  here it is.  Taylors had 40 made.  If you don't have one of the 40, right this minute, you ain't gonna get one.  I would venture Taylors sold them out in the first 45 or 46 phone calls after they were announced.

They did the same thing for Winter Range 30.  The left side plates were engraved so if they did not sell all they had to do was replace the left side plates and put it back in inventory.

TaylorsWebBanner.CowboyChronicle.EndTrail.PROOF4.jpg

At the awards of EOT 2021, Whom ever placed in the Overall Final, at the 40th position, received...I believe I heard correctly, Serial #1 of the 40th Anniversary Uberti 1873 rifle.

That shooter was present and did get it.  Pretty cool and unexpected.

It was actually #40 of 40.  I guess my 2 misses, unplanned rifle reload and 5 shotgun make ups paid off.  It was unexpected and very appreciated. 

52 minutes ago, Boaz said:

It was actually #40 of 40.  I guess my 2 misses, unplanned rifle reload and 5 shotgun make ups paid off.  It was unexpected and very appreciated. 

Well, heck, I figured I would get some numbers wacked.  :lol: 

Pretty darn special.  You won the World Championship B-Western category and got a very special rifle.  Sweet times like this do not happen often.  Enjoy  

On 7/7/2021 at 7:26 PM, Matchlock said:

There are 3 new in the box on the shelf, at the Kittery Trading Post in Kittery Maine. They are priced at $1085.00 in 45 Colt.

Taylor's did not sell any of these 40th commerative rifles in 45 colt. All 40 of them were .357, and 38 out of 40 of these rifles were for sale on Taylor's website. I bought #27 for $1556.03, which was the price for all except for #1 sold at silent auction and #40 given to 40th place at EOT.

Archived