SASS Wire Forum

CCI Small Pistol Primers on MidwayUSA Right now (1407Z) (and gone by 1434Z)

Amigo

Pat,

I'm still seeing them as available.

And...now I don't! :P

• Amigo changed the title to CCI Small Pistol Primers on MidwayUSA Right now (1407Z) (and gone by 1434Z)
1 minute ago, Amigo said:

Pat,

I'm still seeing them as available.

And...now I don't! :P

Yeah, when you add them to cart they become “unavailable” again. 

Oh well, thank you for posting. :)

I'm still not ready to pay that much for one box of primers plus the shipping charges on top of a single box order...I hope as availability improves at some point that the prices come back down, but I'm beginning to think they will not be coming back to where the price point was at the beginning of last year. When I have caught a box of primers at the local Scheel's, though, the price has been about $39 for the typical box of 1000 primers, so there is that.

I paid $200 for 2000 Sellier & Bellot small pistol primers a few months ago. A lot of money for primers but it was worth it, to me. 
By the way, S&B primers are about the snd hardness / sensitivity as Winchester primers. Definitely not as “easy” to fire as Federal primers. 

Yep, gotta be quick on the draw. I saw it earlier, had CCI small pistol, 5.56 small rifle and 209 shotgun. Still had the 209 shotgun 5 minutes ago. Just to see how much 1K of primers were, I went all the way to the click to purchase, they were about $110 per 1,000 and you could only order 1,000.

I don't need primers or powder but I look for friends that DO need them and have helped some of them with what they were looking for. I've found that Ammoseek.com (link below) is at real time and has a direct link to the item(s) listed on the site. I've put it in my favorites so I can hit it often during the day. Keep in mind that some places like Powder Valley and Grafs do not come up on the site for some reason, they probably use bot blockers. Midway and Brownells both come up though.

Good luck and happy hunting.....

https://ammoseek.com/

I have enough primers to carry me into next year, so I can be a bit picky on prices, at this point. If I was running low, I would have been making some of these Midway purchases I have found this past week. But...on a bright note...seeing primers on two different days within the past seven days is two more than I have seen in the past 9 or 10 months on that site.

6 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Good luck and happy hunting.....

https://ammoseek.com/

A couple of people on another forum have said that two of the businesses on Ammoseek that have primers available may be a scam. They require direct money transfers from your bank account and will not accept credit cards. 
I am very leery of this. 

Just now, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

A couple of people on another forum have said that two of the businesses on Ammoseek that have primers available may be a scam. They require direct money transfers from your bank account and will not accept credit cards. 
I am very leery of this. 

It's always possible that there could be scammers listed as (I'm guessing here)  Ammoseek is really just a bot program that searches the internet for certain items. I personally won't order from an unknown "pop up" company. I'd much rather pay a few bucks extra to order from a company I know and trust. At least I know that I will receive the product and in a timely manner.

A couple of friends have called me and asked me if I thought that a company that they were about to order from was legit. Since I would have no idea about 99.999% of the companies out there selling powder/primers/components, I asked my friends these questions...

- Does the company accept credit cards? If yes, it may be legit and you will have recourse for to protest the charges. If no and only accept "cash" type transactions, they are probably a scam.

- What are the prices on the items your are buying? Primers or powder for 2019 prices? Scam city, run. Scammers rely on consumer shortages, demand for cheap prices (greed) and desperation. If it sounds too good to be true...that's because it isn't.

- Have you looked up their address and used Google Earth or the like to view their supposed place of business? I have, some of these places are just a vacant lot or large metal warehouses in an run down industrial park.

6 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

It's always possible that there could be scammers listed as (I'm guessing here)  Ammoseek is really just a bot program that searches the internet for certain items. I personally won't order from an unknown "pop up" company. I'd much rather pay a few bucks extra to order from a company I know and trust. At least I know that I will receive the product and in a timely manner.

A couple of friends have called me and asked me if I thought that a company that they were about to order from was legit. Since I would have no idea about 99.999% of the companies out there selling powder/primers/components, I asked my friends these questions...

- Does the company accept credit cards? If yes, it may be legit and you will have recourse for to protest the charges. If no and only accept "cash" type transactions, they are probably a scam.

- What are the prices on the items your are buying? Primers or powder for 2019 prices? Scam city, run. Scammers rely on consumer shortages, demand for cheap prices (greed) and desperation. If it sounds too good to be true...that's because it isn't.

- Have you looked up their address and used Google Earth or the like to view their supposed place of business? I have, some of these places are just a vacant lot or large metal warehouses in an run down industrial park.

Sound advice. There are also some out there that are "selling" guns that they don't actually have in their possession...if I am not familiar with a place, I'll do a google search to find some reviews on the company and these unknown companies often have the same story about taking money and not having the item in stock due to supplier mistakes, too many orders suddenly coming in, etc. They will be more than happy to hold on to your money until the next delivery comes in...but have read about people battling to get their money back. Credit card helps in this situation, but so many out there offer the "cash discount price." I stay away from the cash discount price just to protect myself...if I ended up on the bad end of the deal, it definitely would not be worth the 3% cost savings I thought I might be getting.

24 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Does the company accept credit cards? If yes, it may be legit and you will have recourse for to protest the charges. If no and only accept "cash" type transactions, they are probably a scam.

Great minds…

I do all this and then some. I try to get a phone number and call them. That is no guarantee of legitimacy but I have found most scam sites will not list an active phone number or they will list bogus numbers. 

One place I find that seemed legit showed a photo of their business. A nicely made photoshopped photo. A Google street view search resulted in a very ragged piece of undeveloped land. Had I not done a street view search I may have placed an order. A very well set up scam site. It’s no longer online. 

1 hour ago, Prof James Weed Nish said:

As of 18.26 hr today Midway has in stock CCI SPP @76.59 + shipping and hasmat. Limit of 1.

JW Nish

1 hour ago, Prof James Weed Nish said:

They can keep them I will go without. Rather  than pay the price gougers including Potterfield 

Well, at 07:00 I looked and “WALLAH”! They had CCI SPPs. Price $77 plus hazmat, shipping, taxes, NRA Roundup came to $110.00

They will arrive next Weds. 

That price beats what they go for around here…if you can find any at all. 
Bird in the hand….

I have plenty of other primers and I could work some trades but that might involve scammers or nefarious characters. 

If you are reading this and and thinking “Pat Riot’s an idiot!” Pleaser know this. It’s my money. Not yours. ;)

I swear, if you want auto communista to work it doesn’t…

I bought some gunpowder for the first time in well over a year. I'd been seeing adds for around $50 per pound for a while. I really didn't have to but saw Winchester WST available (my preferred 45acp powder). They only allowed 5 pounds so I also ordered 5 pounds of Schuetzen ff. With $40 in shipping,hazmat and taxes it came to about $32 per pound of WST and $21 per pound for the Schuetzen. No 8 pound jugs were available. 

The scalpers are selling them on CalGuns for $140 per brick.
And $400 for an 8# tub of H4895.

I noted these ads getting bumped back to the top, day after day that they do not sell.

14 minutes ago, bgavin said:

The scalpers are selling them on CalGuns for $140 per brick.
And $400 for an 8# tub of H4895.

I noted these ads getting bumped back to the top, day after day that they do not sell.

I have noticed prices going down on CalGuns but in areas greater than 100 miles away from where I live. There were none available locally. At least there weren’t any before I just gave up on CalGuns searches. 
I thought about offering Large Pistol and Large Rifle primers up as trade for Small Pistol Primers, but decided to hang on to what I’ve got. 

I will say that I prefer to pay $100 for 1000 primers than to pay $50 for a 50 round box of ammunition. 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I will say that I prefer to pay $100 for 1000 primers than to pay $50 for a 50 round box of ammunition. 

It is making me feel better that I’ve seen 9mm hardball go from $50 a box to $25 . Don’t know if it will ever get back to $9 . 
At one point I stopped reloading for about everything but hunting ammo because if a bought in bulk I couldn’t reload it that cheap. Not anymore 

I'm stocked for everything I need except H4895.
I have an ad running to trade an 8# tub of unopened IMR 4350 for H4895, but no takers yet.

[ edit ]

IMO, prices won't go back down to those $9 levels.. ever.
No more than beach houses in San Diego will go down to $14k.
Those days are long gone.

Found some 209s today for $7 per 100. They only had 300 but at least I found some.

I still cannot find any Trail Boss or Bullseye powder any where. I am not in need, I just want some to test out on different rounds. 

Egads.. Midway just put up a 1# tub of IMR 4227 for $40.. plus Hazmat... plus shipping.
It just isn't worth buying in less than 8 pound lots to ease the sting of the hazmat and shipping.

I just scored the last/only 8# tub of IMR 4895 directly from Hodgdon... $43 hazmat and shipping, $36 per pound, shipped.
I figure these high prices and scarce supply will be the "new normal" for quite awhile this time around.

I received my small pistol primers yesterday. I had to laugh about the size of the shipping box vs the size of the primer box. :lol:
Here’s a photo including the green packaging bubbles. 

140CBBEE-E614-4E2A-889E-D173179E86AB.thumb.jpeg.57ad7e76d8a5e23937c26c777aeb1bb5.jpeg

Archived