SASS Wire Forum

They killed Aunt Jemima

Alpo

Maybe everyone else was aware of this. I wasn't. I knew they took her picture off the box, but...

When this whole nonsense started, people were insisting that Aunt Jemima was a real person who had started the business. I looked it up. A flour mill called Pearl Milling developed the recipe and invented Aunt Jemima.

Looking at a grocery store ad today, I thought the box looked familiar, but the name was strange. Looked a little closer.

NEW NAME, SAME GREAT TASTE AS AUNT JEMIMA

Cheese and rice!

Screenshot_20210706-061417.png

There was a woman who traveled serving up samples, maybe she was just the equivalent of Ronald Mc Donald . But I did see a article where they interviewed one of her relatives who was pretty dissatisfied with the company’s decision. 
Either way it’s a product I will now avoid if at all possible same with Uncle Ben’s or the Indian hating butter company or wokeacola . You can’t always find great alternatives but with things like butter , pop and syrup it’s pretty easy. I like to let my dollars vote whenever I can. 

I will never buy this product again, along with Land O' Lakes butter (They took the beautiful Indian girl off the package, and Coca Cola, since I'm white! There's a few others too but those are the ones in the news right now!

18 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

There was a woman who traveled serving up samples, maybe she was just the equivalent of Ronald Mc Donald . But I did see a article where they interviewed one of her relatives who was pretty dissatisfied with the company’s decision

Over the years they hired maybe a half a dozen different women to portray Aunt Jemima. Those relatives that were pissed - MY GRANDMOTHER WAS AUNT JEMIMA!!! - uhhhh, no, your grandmother was an actress who was hired to portray Aunt Jemima. Difference.

27 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Over the years they hired maybe a half a dozen different women to portray Aunt Jemima. Those relatives that were pissed - MY GRANDMOTHER WAS AUNT JEMIMA!!! - uhhhh, no, your grandmother was an actress who was hired to portray Aunt Jemima. Difference.

But this was the ones likenesses they used . I can see why he would be pissed . 

I think the land-o-lakes butter is the best...

The Indian Girl is gone and in her place are the words, "Farmer Owned"

The woke corporate marketers are so unaware and so driven by virtue signaling that their stupidity consistently shines through.

The Indian Woman from the land of the lakes has been driven away by farmers

again

On 7/6/2021 at 8:01 AM, Chuck Steak said:

The woke corporate marketers are so unaware and so driven by virtue signaling that their stupidity consistently shines through.

again

DEJA VU ALL OVER AGAIN! 

Along with Coke products they no longer need my money. Period.
No stress, no anxiety, no excitement….and no money. 

Life’s too short to worry about their PC BS. It’s also too short to give them my money. 

2 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Uncle Ben and Eskimo Pies are also gone.  In the name of PC this is becoming a pretty sterile world.

Can you imagine Mel Brooks trying to make any of his old movies in this day and age?

PLUS ONE for PaleWolf Brunelle.

Same same for Peanut Butter.  Peanut Butter should have only ONE ingredient.  Peanuts.  Read the back of some of those jars.  Scary.

If someone wants to sell me a product, they just need to advertise and sell their product, and avoid taking sides on issues. 

The electric company, I worked for, now has a new executive whose title is: "manager of diversity and inclusion" !!! What the He...ck does that have to do with getting electric power to homes and businesses??? Nothing!!! 

They could take the salaries, of this worthless position, or the costs of the advertising their opinions, and feed a lot of hungry folks. 

The stupidity level of corporate executives is, hopefully, finally being noticed. Actually...it is really hard to miss.

On 7/6/2021 at 11:01 AM, Chuck Steak said:

again

They kept the land and removed the Indian.  Just the normal business model in America.

I used to wear Hanes tighty whiteys for years. When I got older, they didn't support anything. The ads they have now, I wouldn't wear on a bet because of the weirdo doing the ad. I found some great underwear at Rural King.

On 7/6/2021 at 3:43 PM, DocWard said:

Am I the only one who just buys real maple syrup?

I never cared for maple, but I get your point. All this other stuff is doctored up corn syrup. Sadly, Roddenbury’s killed off their Cane Patch syrup. Cane, sorghum molasses generally fit my bill, or even the amber and dark honeys we extract from our hives.

I bought some natural maple syrup locally and it was good but MAN WAS IT SWEET!! 

On 7/6/2021 at 12:55 PM, bgavin said:

Can you imagine Mel Brooks trying to make any of his old movies in this day and age?

Mel Brooks can still get away with it because he's a hardcore liberal. As long as you're a bonafide, card-carrying lefty you can make racist and sexist jokes anytime, anywhere. But if you're conservative or libertarian any slight slip of the tongue or "culturally insensitive" comment and the Twit-Face users will nail your hide to the wall.

On 7/6/2021 at 3:47 PM, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

NO!
TEN+
 ingredients vs. ONE = No contest

syrup (3) wire.jpg

Real maple syrup:

An external file that holds a picture, illustration, etc. Object name is jf-2014-01924y_0006.jpg

Table 1

Compounds Identified in MSX and Their UV Absorbance
peak compd UV (nm)
S1 (6R)-6-hydroxy-3-(hydroxymethyl)-2-cyclohexenone 238
S2 3,4-dihydro-5-(hydroxymethyl)pyran-2-one 228, 284
S3 4,4′-dihydroxy-3,3′,5,5′-tetramethoxystilbene 222, 331
S4 4,4′-dihydroxy-3,3′,5′-trimethoxystilbene 222, 331
S5 4-hydroxy-2-(hydroxymethyl)-5-methyl-3(2H)- furanone 271
S6 benzenemethanol 229, 284
S7 5-(hydroxymethyl)furfural 229, 284
S8 4-methyl-1,2-venzenediol 210, 288
S9 4-(hydroxymethyl)-1,2-benzenediol 228, 276, 308
1 2-hydroxy-3,4-dihydroxyacetophenone 229, 276, 307
2 catechol 210, 276
3 C-veratroylglycol 231, 280, 310
4 threo,threo-1-[4-(2-hydroxy-2-(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)-1-(hydroxymethyl)ethoxy)-3-methoxyphenyl]-1,2,3-propanetriol 230, 279
5 2,3-dihydroxy-1-(4-hydroxy-3,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-1-propanone 216, 306
6 4-acetylcatechol 231, 280, 312
7 tyrosol 231, 280, 312
8 catechaldehyde 231, 280, 312
9 1,2-diguaiacyl-1,3-propanediol 210, 226(s),a 280
10 3′,5′-dimethoxy-4′-hydroxy-2-hydroxyacetophenone 228, 300
11 leptolepisol D 210, 229(s),a 280
12 3,4-dihydroxy-2-methylbenzadehyde 233, 285
13 vanillin 229, 280, 309
14 fraxetin 229, 338
15 syringaldehyde 216, 307
16 syringenin 224, 273
17 scopoletin 229, 345
18 threo-guaiacylglycerol-β-O-4′-dihydroconiferyl alcohol 228, 279
19 erythro-guaiacylglycerol-β-O-4′-dihydroconiferyl alcohol 229, 279
20 3-[[4-[(6-deoxy-α-l-mannopyranosyl)oxy]-3-methoxyphenyl]methyl]-5-(3,4-dimethoxyphenyl)dihydro-3-hydroxy-4-(hydroxymethyl)-2(3H)-furanone 231, 278
21 5-(3″,4″-dimethoxyphenyl)-3-hydroxy-3-(4′-hydroxy-3′-methoxybenzyl)-4-(hydroxymethyl)dihydrofuran-2-one 232, 280
22 1-(2,3,4-trihydroxy-5-methylphenyl)ethanone 230, 295
23 erythro-1-(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)-2-[4-(3-hydroxypropyl)-2,6-dimethoxyphenoxy]-1,3-propanediol 228, 279
24 icariside E4 225, 280
25 3′,4′,5′-trihydroxyacetophenone 231, 284
26 dehydroconiferyl alcohol 211, 230(s),a 282
27 sakuraresinol 210, 236(s),a 280
28 secoisolariciresinol 231, 281
29 acernikol 210, 231, 280
30 (1S,2R)-2-[2,6-dimethoxy-4-[(1S,3aR,4S,6aR)-tetrahydro-4-(4-hydroxy- 3,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-1H,3H-furo[3,4-c]furan-1-yl]phenoxy]-1-(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)-1,3-propanediol 210, 232(s),a 280
31 buddlenol E 210, 229(s),a 280
32 2-[4-[2,3-dihydro-3-(hydroxymethyl)-5-(3-hydroxypropyl)-7-methoxy-2-benzofuranyl]-2,6-dimethoxyphenoxy]-1-(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)-1,3-propanediol 211, 232(s),a 281
33 (E)-3,3′-dimethoxy-4,4′-dihydroxystilbene 222, 331

On 7/6/2021 at 3:43 PM, DocWard said:

No, you're not.  I grew up in the county north of Geauga County, Ohio, and as a child would go to their maple festival.  I'm mildly diabetic so I don't indulge in the candy very much anymore but there is a gallon jug of maple syrup from Chardon, Ohio in my refrigerator.

10 hours ago, punxsutawneypete said:

No, you're not.  I grew up in the county north of Geauga County, Ohio, and as a child would go to their maple festival.  I'm mildly diabetic so I don't indulge in the candy very much anymore but there is a gallon jug of maple syrup from Chardon, Ohio in my refrigerator.

That's where I get mine too! I live about 20 minutes west of Chardon.

On 7/7/2021 at 3:35 PM, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

If someone wants to sell me a product, they just need to advertise and sell their product, and avoid taking sides on issues. 

The electric company, I worked for, now has a new executive whose title is: "manager of diversity and inclusion" !!! What the He...ck does that have to do with getting electric power to homes and businesses??? Nothing!!! 

They could take the salaries, of this worthless position, or the costs of the advertising their opinions, and feed a lot of hungry folks. 

The stupidity level of corporate executives is, hopefully, finally being noticed. Actually...it is really hard to miss.

Majority of cities are hireing for that position...as are schools!

On 7/6/2021 at 2:43 PM, DocWard said:

No! Once you have the good stuff there's no turning back. I'd throw dirt clods at all that glorified corn syrup ever since I had good maple.

JHC

On 7/6/2021 at 12:43 PM, DocWard said:

Nope.  Have been for years.  

My wife liked Mrs. Butterworth.  I never cared for it so we had a bottle of each.

I also keep Karo light and dark syrups, molasses, and sorghum syrups for different flavors when I'm cooking, along with golden brown sugar and turbinado "sugar in the raw" sugar.

Howdy:

I am waiting for Uncle Ben to disappear from the rice and Rasmus from the Cream of wheat package.   I wonder why the Quaker on the box of oats hasn't been removed.  I have not seen a white man or any man regardless of color dressed like that.  Is this a stereotype?  What about Snap, Crackle and Pop on Rice Crispies?  Is this poking fun of small folks?  The list goes  goes on.  Mrs. Butterworth - a female figure filled with brown liquid - - Is her new container  to be  square bottle?  Quite frankly,  I, and I imagine many folks, are completely fed up with this culture crushing garbage.  Don't buy their products.  Companies always look to the bottom line.

STL Suomi

On 7/6/2021 at 8:40 PM, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

PLUS ONE for PaleWolf Brunelle.

Same same for Peanut Butter.  Peanut Butter should have only ONE ingredient.  Peanuts.  Read the back of some of those jars.  Scary.

My special gun lube has a couple extra ingredients that I brew up for Red Knee and his firearms.

But don't tell him.     He thinks its pure stuff.

..........Widder

Archived