SASS Wire Forum

Daughter wants a butterfly knife

Trigger Mike

Tips from Desert Scorpions Dad: 

FOAMING pepper spray - because in a stressful situation you may not take note of which way the wind is blowing.

Quality assisted opening folding knives with liner lock mechanisms and clips to secure to their garment (our girls all seems to wear leggings nowadays).

Painted Lady and Desert Scorpion carry Kershaw Blurs (decent quality - but not so expensive that losing it is a big deal).

An aluminum baseball bat in their vehicle is never a bad idea (with glove, of course - because they were playing ball earlier).

And when they come of age - a reliable as a stone small revolver.

And Scorpion being Scorpion - a pump shotgun in her truck as well now.

Forbidden items: 

Ear buds or headphones in public or while walking.

2 hours ago, SOUTH-PACIFIC,SASS #59402 said:

like any thing you cary get training. from reading i figure most of you don't under stand a butterfly knife and who brought it to action status today . i have seen them used verry effectly. any knife is designed to be used in close quarters.

Please demonstrate. 

6 hours ago, SOUTH-PACIFIC,SASS #59402 said:

like any thing you cary get training. from reading i figure most of you don't under stand a butterfly knife and who brought it to action status today . i have seen them used verry effectly. any knife is designed to be used in close quarters.

A balisong requires room to swing on 2 axis with a rebound. A sheath knife or even folder can be deployed along 1 axis in close contact. 

Will they work... sure but there are better options. Both to avoid legal entanglement and for ease of use in an altercation.

That being said an 18 year old daughter can buy whatever she wants.

Okay, not a butterfly knife, but this one is scary fast to get open and their stuff is tank tough and razor sharp.

https://www.coldsteel.com/4-ti-lite-zy-ex/

Archived