SASS Wire Forum

SOLD: Pair of Colt SAA .45LC 5.5"

Colt's Manufacturing, Single Action Army, 45LC, 5.5" Barrel, Steel Frame, Color Case Hardened Frame, Blued Barrel & Cylinder, Black Composite Eagle Grips. Guns have holster wear but function flawlessly. Hammers have been turned and actions tuned. These were primarily used for Mounted Shooting. $2250 + Shipping to FFL. 

20191204_133105.jpg

Damn is that a great deal!! I should have jumped on this one!! Good luck Pat!!

20 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

Where they by chance "Cowboys"

Its hard to tell without seeing the hammers back, but the Cowboys usually have triggers that rest a little further forwards than the ones shown in this thread.  Also the Cowboys I have seen never had grips that fit right, again the ones shown here look like actual SAAs just with a lot of honest wear.

21 minutes ago, Nuevo Mike & Cinnamon Lucy said:

No they are not "Cowboys", there are SAAs

Thanks,  the price was low in today's market even with finish worn.

FYI,  Bill Fuchs at Spring Creek Armory just refinished this second generation SAA. The original finish had been stripped off. Turn around 3 months.

60976605_ColtCopperhead1June192021.jpg.33a19c05e1bd6d6a3f8395c5cc5e5a32.jpg

1848509822_ColtSAAantiqued2Feb2020.jpg.92466f973ebea1e2eda8d84666aedc01.jpg

13 minutes ago, Needle-Nose-Tom said:

I would hate to see those refinished, look like excellent shooters with a story to tell. Enjoy, nice pair of Colts!!

Yes, I don't mind good,  honest original finish wear myself.  I have a second generation that had belonged to Sawmill Mary's brother.  It's been used hard and not well cared for.  Bill Fuchs rebuilt the action, including welding up and cutting new notches in the hammer.  I wouldn't consider getting it refinished. Probably the most accurate SAA I have!

5a750f27ef568_ColtSAA45ColtFeb2018.jpg.6e5beb68a2b8c994ab212517bfb5db3a.jpg

My son and daughter-in-law are just getting into CMSA in Colorado. They have Sundance hippotherapy  for children with autism near Parker CO. They and their horses are taking classes for shooting off their horses I had a picture of his wife shooting off a stick horse but can’t find it to attach. They are sweet kids 

Archived