SASS Wire Forum

Message From Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth Ii

Subdeacon Joe

BUCKINGHAM PALACE.  OFFICIAL.
TODAY HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN ISSUED THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT.
“On August 24th, 1814 units of the Royal Army , in conjunction with the Royal Marines, came ashore in the American State of Maryland,  and proceeded to capture the American Capitol of Washington D.C.  Once in possession of the city, as a reprisal under the laws of war, Our forces proceeded to set afire every public building in the city, including both the White House and the Congressional Chambers; sparing only the Patent Office.
“As the anniversary of these events approaches, I would like to assure the citizens of the United States that, in light of these deep and permanent ties that have since arisen between our two nations, it would be  quite impossible for Our Armed Forces to again burn all the governmental offices in Washington D.C.
So please stop asking.
Thank you.
H.M.  Elizabeth II.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

“On August 24th, 1814 units of the Royal Army , in conjunction with the Royal Marines, came ashore in the American State of Maryland,  and proceeded to capture the American Capitol of Washington D.C.  Once in possession of the city, as a reprisal under the laws of war, Our forces proceeded to set afire every public building in the city, including both the White House and the Congressional Chambers; sparing only the Patent Office.
“As the anniversary of these events approaches, I would like to assure the citizens of the United States that, in light of these deep and permanent ties that have since arisen between our two nations, it would be  quite impossible for Our Armed Forces to again burn all the governmental offices in Washington D.C.
So please stop asking.
Thank you.
H.M.  Elizabeth II.

You got me!!!

10 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

So please stop asking.
Thank you.
H.M.  Elizabeth II.

For those into useless trivia, the signature gives it away.  Her signature is, "Elizabeth R"  short for Elizabeth Regina.  Regina is Latin for Queen.  

10 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I just spit coffee!!!

Well,you threw your tea into the harbour, so that's all you get now!!

i was thinking the same thing - no tea , quit spitting out good coffee , but i did take a pause at the thought remembering just about every time i thought the capital needed some housecleann9ing ....like now 

My wife sends a greeting card to her Brit girl friend every June 6... "Happy to Be Still Speaking English Day".
This is a response to her friend sending the "Treasonous Colonist Day" card.

Man it really sucks to be losing your mind.

42 minutes ago, bgavin said:

My wife sends a greeting card to her Brit girl friend every June 6... "Happy to Be Still Speaking English Day".

And I'm thinking - June 6th? But VE day was May 8th :blink:

And I look at that for a few more minutes, and then it finally clicks - D-Day.

Homer, Doh.png

Archived