SASS Wire Forum

I just finished my Carriage for the new Gatling gun.

Just Bill SASS# 16394

As most of you know I got my Gatling Gun. It was on a tripod. It just didn't look right sitting on it.

A friend of mine had an old large Oak Plank 20 inches wide by 6 inches by 96 inches long.

I bought two wooden wheels form a man who sells true Amish Wheels.

Here is the result

Just Bill

Very nice work! I like the rails you built to roll it out of the truck. Why not extend that all the way to ground so it lessens the chance of it falling off the side of the ramp?

The big problem was my truck bed is only 5 1/2 foot long. The other problem was my brain was fried just figuring out how to get it up on the truck by my self.

It may take a month or so to improve the loading system.

Thanks 

Just Bill

2 hours ago, Sawyer said:

Looks really great!  If it under a hundred bucks I will take it!

Save up your pennies. Sad to say even the the carriage was a little expensive.

The wheels were somewhat reasonable. The Amish build the best wheels. they were only about $250 each.

43 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Nice!

Were you tempted at all to mount the gun facing rearward?  Might keep some tailgaters back a bit......

LL

A few of my friends suggested that. :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

Beautiful work. So when does the new Gatling category begin?  Can’t wait to see the stage directions. 

Seamus

I live here in Oregon. The Black Powder State match will be in Albany, Oregon in September. They told me I can bring it there and let people shoot it.

1 hour ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

Very nice work. Looks great. Just have to work are that "Marlin Jam" issue.:lol:

Yes I think the chambers are needing a little more lube. I recut the chambers to accept the colt bullets. I noticed the chambers don't always fall straight in the receiver. But that is all part of the fun, seeing how it works

Archived