SASS Wire Forum

Have a Happy 4th of July

Go West

Thank you. Happy Independence Day to you and yours. :FlagAm:

I am going to hit the range as well. 
Perhaps we’ll take a drive down by the beach and then this evening have a cook out with family. :)

My wife and I shot yesterday at our local range. First time in quite a while for her. They are only open on Sunday after 3pm for rifle or handguns. Trap range is open the rest of the day. It was busy but we got there in time to get a bay.

I used to lecture to high school students at a Civics and Law Academy put on by the local bar association.  I also enjoyed telling them how the Founding Fathers, men of substance and education, in signing the Declaration of Independence, they pledged to each other "our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor."  If the Revolutionary War was lost, they stood to lose everything, including their lives.  But they willingly risked it all to create our country.

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal. That they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights. That among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". 

Perfect words, true words, inspired words, words that we all want applied to ourselves. Words written by imperfect human beings. 

Archived