SASS Wire Forum

Thank you, Hellbender and the Up The Creek Gang!

Beans Ahgin

The Up The Creek Gang in Lake Charles, LA had their CAS range destroyed by two hurricanes in 2020.  Hellbender and friends arrived at Comancheria Days (Texican Rangers) 2021 with a pile of tickets for a five-gun raffle to raise funds for rebuilding.   I believe they sold out.  On May 28th, I got a call informing me that I had won 2nd place.  I selected the Baikal SxS shotgun.  I did not receive a stock Russian/Baikal shotgun.  Hellbender somehow failed to mention the shotgun had been beautifully engraved (barrels and receiver) by Aspen Filly.  Someone with skills lightened the springs, polished the chambers, chamfered the barrel breeches, opened the barrel drop angle, tweaked the extractor, and bent the opening lever to favor a right-handed shooter.  WOW!  Hellbender also spent a lot of personal time sorting out various difficulties involving the FFL Transfer to Texas.  Maid Jalaff and I have been shooting Cowboy Action (slowly) for over fifteen years, and we have never met a more hard-working, personable club officer.  Thank you, Hellbender!  And yes, the "I probably owe you a beer for fixing that problem" total is now FOUR when next our paths cross.  "Come for the shooting...Stay for the people."  Indeed. 

Beans Ahgin.  SASS #65626

12 hours ago, Beans Ahgin said:

The Up The Creek Gang in Lake Charles, LA had their CAS range destroyed by two hurricanes in 2020.  Hellbender and friends arrived at Comancheria Days (Texican Rangers) 2021 with a pile of tickets for a five-gun raffle to raise funds for rebuilding.   I believe they sold out.  On May 28th, I got a call informing me that I had won 2nd place.  I selected the Baikal SxS shotgun.  I did not receive a stock Russian/Baikal shotgun.  Hellbender somehow failed to mention the shotgun had been beautifully engraved (barrels and receiver) by Aspen Filly.  Someone with skills lightened the springs, polished the chambers, chamfered the barrel breeches, opened the barrel drop angle, tweaked the extractor, and bent the opening lever to favor a right-handed shooter.  WOW!  Hellbender also spent a lot of personal time sorting out various difficulties involving the FFL Transfer to Texas.  Maid Jalaff and I have been shooting Cowboy Action (slowly) for over fifteen years, and we have never met a more hard-working, personable club officer.  Thank you, Hellbender!  And yes, the "I probably owe you a beer for fixing that problem" total is now FOUR when next our paths cross.  "Come for the shooting...Stay for the people."  Indeed. 

Beans Ahgin.  SASS #65626

2 hours ago, Possum Skinner, SASS#60697 said:

Beans, congratulations on winning the shotgun.  This is a very nice thank you note and I'll make sure Hellbender sees it. 

We are indeed lucky to have Hellbender as president.

Possum

Thank you Beans Ahgin and Possum Skinner for those kind words!  The Up the Creek Gang is extremely grateful to everyone who has helped us, and continues to help us recover from those devastating hurricanes.  We have come a long way building our new cowboy town and we still have a long way to go, but when it's done we'll have one of the finest towns anybody has ever seen. 

Hellbender

IMG-3321.jpg

Beans, that is a great thank you...The Cowboy way. I didn't win but now I can claim I own a small part of their range, that feels good. Things are looking great there, Maybe I will get to shoot on "MY" range someday. Well done , Hellbender.

Imis

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Lookin' good Hellbender

1 hour ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Beans, that is a great thank you...The Cowboy way. I didn't win but now I can claim I own a small part of their range, that feels good. Things are looking great there, Maybe I will get to shoot on "MY" range someday. Well done , Hellbender.

Imis

Thanks Pards!  I hope both you you will make it our way after our "Grand Opening" :D

4 hours ago, Hellbender said:

Thanks Pards!  I hope both you you will make it our way after our "Grand Opening" :D

I'm looking forward to being there someday too! Maybe you guys can run a weekend next year for all us who have "bought in" a bit to come.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2021 at 6:50 AM, Possum Skinner, SASS#60697 said:

Beans, congratulations on winning the shotgun.  This is a very nice thank you note and I'll make sure Hellbender sees it. 

We are indeed lucky to have Hellbender as president.

Possum

I agree with Possum!  Up the Creek Gang is very lucky to have @Hellbender. One of the best club officers I've seen anywhere.

Dangit all now Hellbender is gonna hafta buy a bigger hat! :lol:

(He is one to ride the river with and word on the river is that he knows how to swim too!)

Kajun

36 minutes ago, Nellie Blue #54399 said:

I agree with Possum!  Up the Creek Gang is very lucky to have @Hellbender. One of the best club officers I've seen anywhere.

Thank you Nellie, and thanks for working on the town today!

33 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Dangit all now Hellbender is gonna hafta buy a bigger hat! :lol:

(He is one to ride the river with and word on the river is that he knows how to swim too!)

Kajun

Now that you mention it Kajun, all my hats have been getting too tight lately :)

On 7/3/2021 at 8:49 PM, Beans Ahgin said:

chambers

Congrats to you Beans...Yes..Hellbender is great for our club because he is a tireless worker but also great at motivating club members and other very good club leaders like Possom and John Moore and Graybow Slim.

...crosscut hardy

17 hours ago, crosscut hardy said:

Congrats to you Beans...Yes..Hellbender is great for our club because he is a tireless worker but also great at motivating club members and other very good club leaders like Possom and John Moore and Graybow Slim.

...crosscut hardy

Well Crosscut, now my head's swollen up so much I don't think they even make hats that will fit me!  :o 

Thanks for those kind words, pard, and thanks for your work on the town Wednesday.

Hellbender

Archived