SASS Wire Forum

BP Loading question

Morning, you will get several different answers on this topic. All I can say is I have tried Mollie coated bullets with real black several times with poor results. The Mollie coated bullets leave a very hard to remove residue in the barrel. I use black powder lubes bullets exclusively when I shoot real black and the fouling is removed extremely easy with my Pam cleaner. When I use substitutes I use Mollie coated bullets.

Rafe

:FlagAm: I use moly coated bullets in all of my black powder loads.  However, I do add the following:  .060 fiber wad, .125 grease cookie, card wad and bullet.  As Rafe stated, everyone has their method of loading.  This one has always worked for us.  No fowling and easy cleanup.

Regards,

Chas B

Pistols, maybe will work. With rifles, you are going to need something in there to keep the BP fouling soft or it will eventually deposit very hard carbon deposits on the surface of your barrel and ruin accuracy. So, BP lubed bullets, lube cookie, dip the bullets in lube before loading, something will have to be used. Or just swab the bore  often enough.  Your choice.

I am  trying powder coated bullets & then lubing them with BP lube .Anyone tryed it ?

Largo

5 hours ago, largo casey #19191 said:

I am  trying powder coated bullets & then lubing them with BP lube .Anyone tryed it ?

Largo

I don’t get it, why use powder coated bullets then?

1 hour ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I don’t get it, why use powder coated bullets then?

Doesn't have to handle lead.

Archived