SASS Wire Forum

Well, Allie, whaddo I do now??

Advice requested from the Queen o' Kitty-dom.  Or anyone else, as long as it's good advice...

So I have two indoor cats, and one outdoor cat - feral and "fixed."

About three weeks ago a stranger showed up - really small, barely out of kittenhood; looked to be maybe ten weeks old, wobbly and and starvation-skinny.  Okay... I'll feed her for a couple weeks then take 'er in for the "fix."  Then about a week ago, she suddenly looked like she'd swallowed an orange.  And now, this "kitten" has four kittens of her own - on my screened-in front porch.  :huh:  

I do NOT need five more cats!!   :angry:

So whaddo I do now?  :(

You have a big heart too.......   Same kinda thing happened to me.

Wait until they're weaned, then take mama in.  I'm not sure where you're located, but there is a no kill cat rescue organization in the Parlier area.

https://www.cathouseonthekings.com/

If they can't take them, maybe they can recommend a place that can.

Good luck and please post pictures.  Kittens are soooooo cute.

On 7/1/2021 at 2:10 PM, Calamity Kris said:

You have a big heart too.......   Same kinda thing happened to me.

Wait until they're weaned, then take mama in.  I'm not sure where you're located, but there is a no kill cat rescue organization in the Parlier area.

https://www.cathouseonthekings.com/

If they can't take them, maybe they can recommend a place that can.

Good luck and please post pictures.  Kittens are soooooo cute.

Wow, Kris!  I'm all sorts of impressed that you found that...!  :)

Haven't seen 'em up close yet - not sure if there are four or five.  But Mom seems to be doin' her job.  

Wonderin' if she needs any sort of supplemental food...?

Resized_20210702_142618.thumb.jpeg.cdc13cd01dfa5385d962dec3f0eec8fc.jpeg

393992160_Resized_20210702_135914(1).jpeg.7bb96e5c6eaf2e7e776c8ac1ce95a92e.jpeg

If you were here I would recommend a friend.  He's an Air Force vet, was a veterinarian inMontana, Kansas, and Idaho working with big animals and small, a real he-man sort of guy (not at all the kind of guy that you'd expect to be soft hearted)....and he fosters cats.  Has  a big house on the north west side of Prescott and at any given time he has two or three adult "tenants", some with kittens, living in one of his bathrooms.

A place called the Catty Shack keeps him and several other people supplied with cats until they can find homes for them.  They provide spay and neuter services and get them all their shots, he buys their food.

I don't understand it but he's as happy as if he had good sense.

Good luck. 

:FlagAm: Recently found this one in the attic.  With the temperature in Phoenix right now she is lucky to be alive.  Very active and healthy now.  She had the lousy eye infection in her right eye.  All cleared up and scar tissue receding.  We named her Sabrina.

Chas B

IMG_20210609_144850276.jpg

IMG_20210609_144848071.jpg

IMG_20210609_144742551.jpg

IMG_20210609_144736348.jpg

A Chinese restaurant?
;)

I'm such a sucker for orphan cats and chinchillas, as so many need good homes.
I constantly have to hold myself in check, or I would be overrun with 'em.

Archived