SASS Wire Forum

New USAF physical fitness test

Hmmm, wonder what the response will be from the other branches.

Sorry but if we are trying to be more inclusive of people who can't do the physical end of the job we are going in the wrong damned direction.  

1 hour ago, Iron Pony said:

The Army had better not say one word after the shenanigans they have been playing with the PT test over the last few years

Holy freakin’ sh**! Are pull ups going to be done in the pansy garden? 
“Airmen, pick ten flowers and we’ll call it a day.”

:blink:

From the article . . .

For push-ups, Kelly said, there will be a new option to do what he termed “raised hand push-ups.” 

“So instead of just going up and down, you’ll be in your push-up position and periodically raise a hand up and push the hand down and do that for a certain amount of time.”

Huh?

Cant make this up...

“Say you’re not a long distance runner, … we have a way to do a shuttle run back and forth, about 20-25 meters apart over a timed distance, and the fastest you can do that will correlate your score, just like your 1.5 mile distance,” Kelly said. “… There’ll be an option to walk. Today you can only walk if you get a medical leave, right? You’ll have an option to walk as well.”

2 hours ago, Redleg Reilly, SASS #46372 said:

And the Air Force continues to be a joke.  No wonder we used to call it Eastern Airlines with bombs.

Lemme guess, you didn't score high enough to get in?

1 hour ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

From the article . . .

For push-ups, Kelly said, there will be a new option to do what he termed “raised hand push-ups.” 

“So instead of just going up and down, you’ll be in your push-up position and periodically raise a hand up and push the hand down and do that for a certain amount of time.”

Huh?

We did this in the Navy…The Chief left us in push-up position after making us do a number of pushups while he went for a smoke. He would then come back and yell “So, where were we…I lost count. I guess we are back to zero. DOWN!” 
While in push-up position for extended periods one must relax the hands and wrist. I guess that’s what the Air Force is doing only they aren’t doing any real push-ups. :blink:

Sorry but if we are trying to be more inclusive of people who can't do the physical end of the job we are going in the wrong damned direction.  

The unenlightened are going to say stuff like "you dont need to be in shape to drive a tank, or fly a plane..." and "wars are going to be fought by drones and remote controlled whatever".  Wrong answer snowflake because at some point every cook, supply clerk, depot maintenance mechanic needs to be able to deliver unholy hell, via heavy duty physical effort, to the enemies of our nation. My Dad a career USAF officer, full bull colonel, fighter pilot knew that and told me so when I enlisted and went airborne infantry.

Want to serve?  Get in, and stay in shape.  Can't make it? Try effing harder.

11 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Cant make this up...

“Say you’re not a long distance runner, … we have a way to do a shuttle run back and forth, about 20-25 meters apart over a timed distance, and the fastest you can do that will correlate your score, just like your 1.5 mile distance,” Kelly said. “… There’ll be an option to walk. Today you can only walk if you get a medical leave, right? You’ll have an option to walk as well.”

Call Uber and have them drive you wherever you're going...even to the head.  When you get there don't do any heavy lifting....oh, wait!  We're talking about the Air Farce so that won't be an issue.  :P

Archived