SASS Wire Forum

Primers at Midway

Buzzard Bayne

Just now, Chuck Steak said:

aaaand out of stock no backorder

The links were active for about 30 minutes, which is pretty good.  Normally the primers sell out in 5 minutes. 

This week there were primers at Powder Valley, Brownells, and Midway.  Each site had a variety of primers with Brownells allowing a 2K limit.  It looks like primers are getting to normal resellers.  Just have to get used to the new $75.00 MSRP.

Looks like it's mostly CCI's that have been showing up lately.  Might want to prime some empty cases and make sure they go bang in your guns before loading ammo!

I have a friend that used some CCI primers in his 73 and had several fail to fire.  He tightened up the screw on the bottom that puts more tension on the main spring and he hasn't had any problems since. 

27 minutes ago, Nickel City Dude said:

I have a friend that used some CCI primers in his 73 and had several fail to fire.  He tightened up the screw on the bottom that puts more tension on the main spring and he hasn't had any problems since. 

I had to do the same. Brownells has cci spp in stock again right now for anyone needing them.

12 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

I know people are trying to help in these difficult times, but its kinda disheartening to keep following links only to find "out of stock, no backorder" again and again...

I agree with you.  Maybe I should delete the thread once the primers goes out of stock.

Of course this has been a good week with primers available at Brownells, Powder Valley, and Midway.  Have not seen this many sites with primers for a long time.  You need to find someone local who is quick on the draw and willing to share. 

17 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Primers available again at Midway.  Federal LP #150.  Seven day wait period if you have already ordered a box.

CCI Small Pistol, Federal Large Pistol, and Federal Large Rifle available.  Like Tex said, you can only order one of each item every 7 days.  I ordered yesterday, so am shut out today.  Brownells has a one-day policy.

I was able to scoop up a box of CCI SPP and box of Federal LPP this morning. I started keeping ammoseek open on my computer and refresh it occasionally.  When I saw these pop up, I jumped on them. 

Archived