SASS Wire Forum

Ever Wonder How

Okiepan

Ever wonder how Smuckers made Goober peanut butter and jelly in a swirl in a jar , Heck when I make a PB&J it just spreads in 1 layer of goober and a slather layer of jelly, 

a mystery to me .

When you do it yourself you can get some real good jelly or jam or preserves. I bought Goobers one time and one time only. Not very tasty.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

When you do it yourself you can get some real good jelly or jam or preserves. I bought Goobers one time and one time only. Not very tasty.

Other than Empress Apricot Jam from Safeway we didn't buy jelly or jam.  I don't think I tasted the purple grape jelly until I was about 12 years old.  We made apricot, strawberry, and pomegranate jams and jelly and would trade with friends for other kinds.

46 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Other than Empress Apricot Jam from Safeway we didn't buy jelly or jam.  I don't think I tasted the purple grape jelly until I was about 12 years old.  We made apricot, strawberry, and pomegranate jams and jelly and would trade with friends for other kinds.

My mom made plum jelly from two large plum trees we had, I thought everyone had plum jelly! I too was about 10 year old when I tasted Welch's grape jelly at a friend's house. I buy strawberry preserves now. I'll look for the natural preserves instead of Smucker's etc. even though that's not bad either.

When I was a kid I recall my Mom buying the Skippy Stripe PB&J and then she bought the Smuckers Goober. I didn’t care for either as you didn’t seem to get enough jelly and I also preferred Strawberry Preserves over Grape Jelly. The grape jelly they used was kind of “blah” to me. 

My brothers and sisters would have deep meaningful conversations about which Peanut Butter / Grape Jelly combo was better as I ate my Jif peanut butter and Smuckers strawberry preserves sammiches with lots of preserves on them. :D

Thanks for bringing back some nice memories @Okiepan:)

PB & Honey on Rye for me. I’ll even use PB on a Lebanon Bologna sammich. Guess I’m a PBaholic. :D

CJ

6 minutes ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

PB & Honey on Rye for me. I’ll even use PB on a Lebanon Bologna sammich. Guess I’m a PBaholic. :D

CJ

You're not putting PB & Honey on me buddy!!:P

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

You're not putting PB & Honey on me buddy!!:P

LOL!! :lol:

AND LOVING IT!

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

When I was a kid I recall my Mom buying the Skippy Stripe PB&J and then she bought the Smuckers Goober. I didn’t care for either as you didn’t seem to get enough jelly and I also preferred Strawberry Preserves over Grape Jelly. The grape jelly they used was kind of “blah” to me. 

This ^

Fortunately, mom listened to my complaints and only bought it once.

Archived