SASS Wire Forum

Most Popular Alternative to Google - Duck Duck Go

Raylan

At the same time search traffic increased 55%, and all this propelled the engine to the number two spot on mobile apps in the US, Canada, Australia, and the Netherlands.

One of DuckDuckGo’s features is not to track users, which makes it difficult to know precisely how many of them there are, but a blog post said that market share estimates, downloads, and national surveys put that number at between 70 and 100 million.

https://reclaimthenet.org/duckduckgo-is-now-the-second-most-popular-search-engine-in-the-west/

I use DDG almost exclusively. I use Google occasionally in “Incognito” mode, but only occasionally. I could actually break all ties with Google at this point. 

32 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I use DDG almost exclusively. I use Google occasionally in “Incognito” mode, but only occasionally. I could actually break all ties with Google at this point. 

Same here . But I do need to work on moving anything I care about off my Gmail account 

25 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Is there an alternative to YouTube???

This is literally the only reason I still maintain a Gmail account. Too many great instructional videos and gun reviews on YouTube to ignore it. 

Edit:

Actually, do I need Google or Gmail to still access YouTube?

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

This is literally the only reason I still maintain a Gmail account. Too many great instructional videos and gun reviews on YouTube to ignore it. 

Edit:

Actually, do I need Google or Gmail to still access YouTube?

I don’t think for access, but if want to have a home page you will.  I have an account to keep a homepage with the video authors that I follow, it’s easy to see when one of them posts a new video. 

4 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Is there an alternative to YouTube???

Rumble, but it just doesn’t have the content to compete. Maybe in the future , YouTube has a big head start. But if they keep the censorship up who knows.

I just signed up for locals , no censorship but it costs and is mostly news /politics now . YouTube has really shafted the gun community . And the level of biased censorship sucks  

Archived