SASS Wire Forum

Chickie and The OTJ's First EOT Experience

The Outlaw Travis James

205542471_10159570259596944_8902553270338873514_n.thumb.jpg.5515b1cef94aa71655b3824874818527.jpg

Our first EOT is in the books and I could not have asked for a better experience for my first. CC Top and the Paradise Pass Regulators should hold their heads high with pride at the job they did to put on this match. All of the hard work was worth it in my opinion. 

Deuce Stevens and Cowboy Carty wrote a match that was worthy of a World Championship. CC Top and the PPR crew got the range into top shape. And Misty Moonshine and Ruby Ruthless did an excellent job with the administration of the match. 

From our first arrival on Monday morning until we left after the awards on Saturday, we were able to relax and enjoy ourselves. I  could tell there was no detail that was overlooked. The cowboy vendors were great, the food venders where all polite and the food was really good & varied, the stages were a lot of fun and the match was very cohesive, the range was beautiful, the brass rats were efficient and never slowed the posse down, the water stations were plentiful and they had someone walking around offering bottles (even during the shootoff), the banquet was so much fun, the shootoff was efficiently run and had a lot of action, and the match as a whole was what I expected for the World Championships. 

I was left in want of nothing this past week and created memories I will cherish for many years to come. I was able to meet a lot of online friends in person finally. And we got to see the best shooters in the world do their thing. I haven’t had such a fun filled week in a decade or more. What more could you ask for? 

Thank you very much to everyone who was involved in putting the match on. This was a true representation of what our sport is about.

The OTJ

While my wife and I didn't manage to get in before the match filled up, we were there for the MBPGA black powder match the month before.  The Paradise Pass crew was awesome and they were already hard at work prepping for EOT with signs of new construction everywhere, from props to picnic tables to range improvements, there is no doubt that they were giving it their all.

Glad you guys had a great time and it was good to see so many of my Florida Pards on the first page of the scores.  As usual, you guys did yourselves proud!

I have been peeking at the Top Gun Shoot-Off videos you posted on YouTube and they look great.  Plan to take some time this holiday weekend and watch them with my wife.  Always one of my favorite parts of the match is to watch the Top Guns give it their all!

Kudos to CC Top and the Paradise Pass Regulators for stepping up and make the 2021 EOT happen and I am looking forward to next year's MBPGA!

4 hours ago, The Outlaw Travis James said:

Thanks Sun.  It was a fun week

Every time I saw him all week, he had a huge possum eating grin on his face! I would guess he had a great time.

1 hour ago, Barkeep Casey said:

Every time I saw him all week, he had a huge possum eating grin on his face! I would guess he had a great time.

Naw Barkeep, he just eats lots of possum! :lol:

Kajun

5 hours ago, Barkeep Casey said:

You would be correct sir.  Good times! 

4 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Naw Barkeep, he just eats lots of possum! :lol:

Kajun

You would also be correct but down here we call them Opossums.  Don't ask...  

Archived