SASS Wire Forum

leg warmers

Trigger Mike

I was a teenager during the leg warmer stage in society, but never knew why they were popular.  While watching a T J Hooker episode tonight the women were in a jazzer size class and wearing leg warmers and I got to wondering, WHY?  what was the purpose of warming your ankles?  

7 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I was a teenager during the leg warmer stage in society, but never knew why they were popular.  While watching a T J Hooker episode tonight the women were in a jazzer size class and wearing leg warmers and I got to wondering, WHY?  what was the purpose of warming your ankles?  

You're watching a T J Hooker episode and wondering about leg warmers???? I would have been staring at Heather Locklear.:wub:

35 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

Heather doesn't look like that now days though.  Some say she is mental now.  

Mike, please don’t mess with my memories. Next you’re going to tell me that Dawn Wells and Farrah Fawcett have passed away. :-(

2 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Mike, please don’t mess with my memories. Next you’re going to tell me that Dawn Wells and Farrah Fawcett have passed away. :-(

Sorry, Charlie....everyone's dreams take a punch now and then....

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/heather-locklear-arrested-for-battery-on-a-police-officer/

LL

38 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Sorry, Charlie....everyone's dreams take a punch now and then....

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/heather-locklear-arrested-for-battery-on-a-police-officer/

LL

Ouch!  Hadn’t heard about that one. 

20 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

A pretty face don’t mean a pretty heart. 

That may be but...when I first saw Heather Locklear, I said....

Doctor, Doctor, give me the news. I got a bad case of lovin' you.

22 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I was around then. too. The "exotic" dancers were also wearing them at the time. I really don't think they actually served a purpose, they were just "fashionable".  I certainly don't remember women complaining about their ankles being cold before they came along, or since they went away, either.

I'm sure that the ladies of the wire could tell us, but they're probably laughing too hard at us to do so.

Archived