SASS Wire Forum

Roy Rogers vs King of Bears

Pee Wee #15785

What is interesting about these old gun magazines is that they were INTERESTING.  They had articles on a wide variety of topics.  Virtually every gun magazine now consists of articles about the latest AR-15 clone and the latest 1911 clone.  After waxing poetic about the wonderul "new" gun they almost always end the article by saying  "all the parts interchange with the originals."  Nowadays if you buy a gun magazine once a year generally you have not missed anything other than eleven issues with more AR and 1911 articles.

42 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

What is interesting about these old gun magazines is that they were INTERESTING.  They had articles on a wide variety of topics.  Virtually every gun magazine now consists of articles about the latest AR-15 clone and the latest 1911 clone.  After waxing poetic about the wonderul "new" gun they almost always end the article by saying  "all the parts interchange with the originals."  Nowadays if you buy a gun magazine once a year generally you have not missed anything other than eleven issues with more AR and 1911 articles.

I agree 100%, I used to look forward to gun magazines now it's like, ehhh...whatever. I subscribe to a few of them because they're so cheap! I keep in the bathroom reading room:lol:

Archived