SASS Wire Forum

Ruger New Model Single Six

Bailey Creek,5759

As the Title says i have a pair of single Sixes in 32 Mag.

I also have a Marlin in 32-20. 

Am wondering if anyone knows of someone , that can make a pair of Cylinders and rechamber them to 32-20 .

Not the 32 mag cylinders i have. These pistols are Blued not Stainless . 

Maybe 22 or 22Mag , cylinders.

I used to have a pair of those ... but don't now so I can't measure ... but ...

The case of the 32-20 is almost 1/4 inch exactly ... longer than a 32 H&R mag ... and ... it seems like the cylinder couldn't possibly be long enough ?!??  

You have both so I assume you have checked ... -_-

The frame isn't long enough to accommodate .32-20. The convertible .32 H&R mag/.32-20's were built on the large frame original Vaquero.

(edit) Ok, technically, I guess you could, but you would have to deep seat the bullet, or load a wadcutter. The body of the case and the rim are also larger in diameter, and might cause some problems...?

32-20inSSframe.jpg

I'll be dogged - I found several references to Alan Harton's Single Six .32-20 conversions on Google, but it sounds pretty pricey - open and lengthen the frame opening, shorten the barrel extension, make and fit a new cylinder, and "open the loading gate"...? I assume that means milling the opening larger and making a new gate to fit...? Then rebluing, of course. Keep in mind, such a conversion wouldn't create a .32 H&R mag/.32-20 convertible, but rather a dedicated .32-20, unless you also had him make lengthened .32 H&R mag cylinders too. There was even one guy who claimed Alan made him a 5 shot .41 special on a Single Six frame.

713-907-6031 is his listed business number.

Archived