SASS Wire Forum

Should you dislike your current job....

Dislike Retirement?????????????

1 minute ago, Smoken D said:

Dislike Retirement?????????????

Not Really.

Transitioned into a procurement consultancy and audit business that paid well, until I tired of travel and my wife's health started failing. 

5 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Not Really.

Transitioned into a procurement consultancy and audit business that paid well, until I tired of travel and my wife's health started failing. 

Retired at age 48. Good pension that we could make it on. We, wife and I, had other jobs we had looked into one of which paid VERY WELL. But told the wife why wait till we are really old and retire when we can really enjoy life at our young age and have fun for many years to come.

About half of those surveyed dislike their current job.  The other half were evenly split between those who like their current job, those who thought this is a stupid question and those who can't remember.

I retired with only one regret.

That being....

That I could not have retired sooner!!!

Ahh...retirement.

No more idiot bosses. 

No more diversity meetings.

No more staff meetings.

No more having to implement programs, and techniques, that don't work, or that don't work properly. 

No more deadlines to meet.

No more yearly evaluations.

No more being forced to use, (and being told to make it work, or else), programs, and techniques that were purchased by upper management.

No more watching incompetent people getting promoted.

No more taking heat for your company's decisions that were stupid to begin with.

No more working four days, and nights, without sleeping, during storms, and then driving 50 miles, or more, home.

Did I say no more idiot bosses????

Not too long before I retired, I put a Maxine cartoon on the wall by my desk, that showed Maxine leaning against a file cabinet, with a cup of tea, and the caption read: "Not so much goofing off, as impersonating upper management."

Boy howdy that ticked them off. 

Loved it.

im a year into second time around - ill let you know , but so far so good , im busier than ever and wonderin if i should cut back for more free time ---whats the alternative to retirement anyway ? 

8 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I’ve been retired about 4 years and I don’t know how I got all the stuff around the house done when I was working. 

Back then had to be more organized. Now, ifen I don't get it done today, so what? There's always tomorrow or the next day. Besides the fish are biting. 

Archived