SASS Wire Forum

Brownells Has CCI Small Pistol/Small Magnum Pistol Primers in Stock Right Now 7AM 6/29

Cypress Sun

14 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

$75.00 @ 1K :o

OLG 

Yep, with a limit of 2K. I sure do hope that price is not the new normal. It does seem like powder is coming back in slowly but surely, maybe primers will follow.

31 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Yep, with a limit of 2K. I sure do hope that price is not the new normal. It does seem like powder is coming back in slowly but surely, maybe primers will follow.

Wondering what the total cost would be for 2K, with shipping and HAZ-MAT? :unsure:

OLG 

Seems to be the new price. Scheels was selling Win #41 Small Rifle primers this month for $75.15 / 1000 out the door. That included tax of 7.54% in MN. Limit was 200 each purchase.  Shortage plus no competition with Vista Outdoors owning Remington, Federal, CCI & Speer. 

1 hour ago, Caboose said:

Seems to be the new price. Scheels was selling Win #41 Small Rifle primers this month for $75.15 / 1000 out the door. That included tax of 7.54% in MN. Limit was 200 each purchase.  Shortage plus no competition with Vista Outdoors owning Remington, Federal, CCI & Speer. 

Morning Pard.   CCI 41's have always been high.  Scheels up here have been trickling in at $39.99/ 1000 limit 1        GW

3 hours ago, Deadwood Miner, SASS # 45575 said:

I always thought the world of Brownells.  Never thought they would stoop to gouging their faithful customers.

Knowing Brownells, they ain't making much of of this.

OLG 

37 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Knowing Brownells, they ain't making much of of this.

OLG 

Got some Federal’s from my LGS last week. 74.99/1000. Owner says that’s the new price and his profit margin hasn’t increased from when they were 34.99

I'd be happy to pay $75/1000.  Best price I have seen in 18 months has been $10/100... and they only had two sleeves when I found them.

I am getting to believe that finding them is like getting hit by lightning... it is a very rare event and a bit shocking! :D

Keep in mind even at $75/1000 it’s  still cheaper than buying factory! Waaay cheaper!

10 hours ago, Deadwood Miner, SASS # 45575 said:

I always thought the world of Brownells.  Never thought they would stoop to gouging their faithful customers.

What do you base that on?  You have no idea how much Brownells is paying for them.  Since the factories are pumping out as much AMMO as they can I would expect the primers are going into loaded ammunition.  Primers won't make a comeback until the ammo supply starts sorting itself out.  For the past several months I have seen only a few boxes of primers at local stores and I go to at least one everyday.  You virtually have to be there when they put them on the shelf in order to get any.

42 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

What do you base that on?  You have no idea how much Brownells is paying for them.  Since the factories are pumping out as much AMMO as they can I would expect the primers are going into loaded ammunition.  Primers won't make a comeback until the ammo supply starts sorting itself out.  For the past several months I have seen only a few boxes of primers at local stores and I go to at least one everyday.  You virtually have to be there when they put them on the shelf in order to get any.

100%.  If it is more than you are willing to pay, then just don't buy them. Obviously there are plenty of folks that are more than willing to pay that price since they were gone in a "Flash".  I doubt that Brownell's is gouging anyone.  

14 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Keep in mind even at $75/1000 it’s  still cheaper than buying factory! Waaay cheaper!

I calculate I can pay 40 cents EACH for primers and still load cheaper than current factory ammo costs.

On 6/29/2021 at 8:17 AM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Wondering what the total cost would be for 2K, with shipping and HAZ-MAT? :unsure:

OLG 

They are in stock again (10:25 AM, EDT). I just checked to see what 2K + HazMat + shipping would be. About $180 shipped to Fl. 

BTW, the link on the 1st post is invalid I think. For up to date info, check AMMOSEEK. It seems to have real time info and is up to date. I have added it to my favorites bar. I don't need primers, powder, etc. but plenty of my friends do so I see what I can find for them.

https://ammoseek.com/

On 6/29/2021 at 7:26 AM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

$75.00 @ 1K :o

OLG 

That’s what one of our lgs is selling them for . The seem to be getting cci’s fairly regularly 

On 6/29/2021 at 10:39 AM, Seth Bradford said:

Got some Federal’s from my LGS last week. 74.99/1000. Owner says that’s the new price and his profit margin hasn’t increased from when they were 34.99

He's... Probably not being completely honest...

Or he has the worse distributor in the industry.

Phantom

Based on my current listed cost for Fed SMP, retail for me would be about $60ish/1000

Based on ammo price increases wholesale settling...primer price will settle. 

Cost of course is based on one's distributors...

Phantom

Archived