SASS Wire Forum

uberti 1858 new army revolver

four plains dave

Good afternoon Pards. I am New to the Game and am going thought some growing pains LOL. and everyone has been great so far. I am having some issues with one of my Match pistols. witch i am working out . my Question is this i have an extra pistol a Uberti 1858 new army in 45colt  is there any reason i cant use this as my back up gun for Main Match shoots ?                   Thanks Four Plains Dave 

Welcome, no reason you could not use it for a backup or even a main match pistol. I started with miss matched pistols. A Ruger vaquero and a 58 uberti. I then got a Uberti Saa and retired my 58 I then bought a Schofield and sold the Ruger. It took years before I finally matched up revolvers. Biggest issue is the difference in the grip shape.

Rafe

There is nothing that says your pistols have to match.  In all of the categories, except black powder, that says you must shoot the same powder either.  When I was chasing an issue with one of my 58's, I was shooting them while shooting 49'er.  It throws the spotters and TO off abit, but they soon adapt!:D

Archived