SASS Wire Forum

Henry Lever Action .410

Chief Rick

Has anyone handled one of these?

Lever Action .410 Shotgun Side Gate | Henry Repeating Arms (henryusa.com)

Trying to decide if I should look for one of these or a SxS in .410...

Especially if I can reload .444 brass...

By the time the grand-baby is old enough (currently 18 months), either should be smoothed up with a little use around the farm.

I've long wanted a lever action .410, but never did anything about it.  Also a Model 92 in 25-20, but I bought one of those last month.  So the .410 could be next.  :)

1 hour ago, Nasty Newt # 7365 said:

I've long wanted a lever action .410, but never did anything about it.  Also a Model 92 in 25-20, but I bought one of those last month.  So the .410 could be next.  :)

It might work for you as a main match gun.......Accuracy was never your strong point! :)

The henry is similar to the marlin lever action 410.  I had my daughters try it when the oldest started shooting.   It was not a gun for kids.  It is to heavy,  to long and has a very very long stroke.  I bought a stoeger sxs which is still not a great gun for a kid but the best we could do at the time.   The 410 is a light gun and with factory shells kicks a lot for a kid especially if it doesnt fit them well and 410 ammo is expensive.  I bought a mec loader and loaded my own load and things got much better.  Bullett 19707

Archived