SASS Wire Forum

Do y'all realise .........

Follow this post click the link below, and you'll always know! B)

https://www.xmasclock.com/

2021_06_26_07_23_58.jpg.90a54e5fbc5c782391c14cd6b12426b4.jpg

29 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Ah, don't pick on him.  He's an Ozzie and they don't speak English.......nor American.  :D

17 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Yeah, I was aware of that.  Actually, I always thought of him as Irish.

Wallaby Jack definitely is a one of a kind. :)

It's been a lifelong dream of mine to visit Australia.  I almost went once a few years back.  But when I was filling out the paperwork they asked if I had a criminal record so I wadded it up and threw it in the garbage.  I had no idea that was still a requirement. 

Never mind them, I had a peek at HIS list.

It appears he has all of us on it!!!

With all the coal we can expect in our stockings, some of us may find it feasible to return to switch back from electric or gas.

1AA 11185_6490654299946693384_n.jpg

5 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Never mind them, I had a peek at HIS list.

It appears he has all of us on it!!!

With all the coal we can expect in our stockings, some of us may find it feasible to return to switch back from electric or gas.

1AA 11185_6490654299946693384_n.jpg

I resemble that remark 

CB 

just when i was happy it was july yall had to go and ruin it for me , i suppose ill have to go back to watching hallmark to get a little joy out of it all ..............

It's interesting. The English, and the Aussies, spell "realize" with an "s" instead of a "z". 

Others are: "colour" to our "color"; "cosy" to our "cozy"; "plough" to our "plow"; "mould" to our "mold"; "defence" to our "defense"; "tonne" to our "ton"; "favour" to our "favor"; "odour" to our "odor"; "calibre" to our "caliber"; "litre" to our "liter"....and on, and on. 

I also really like the way the English pronounce: "aluminum"...(al-you-min-e-umm). 

I guess the old saying is pretty much true. We are separated by a common language.

Also, Christmas, in Australia, is in the summer time there. I guess the old song: "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the one's I used to know", doesn't apply in the southern hemisphere. We don't get a lot of snow in the part of Texas I live in, especially around Christmas, but we get northers that would freeze a brass monkey. We get a lot more sleet than snow here, but never-the-less, it is difficult to think of Christmas, and 100+ degree heat 

My son could have easily married a girl from Queensland, but, sadly, that did not happen. We dearly loved her accent. She said we had one, but I just did not believe it. :lol:

W.K. 

10 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

It's interesting. The English, and the Aussies, spell "realize" with an "s" instead of a "z". 

Others are: "colour" to our "color"; "cosy" to our "cozy"; "plough" to our "plow"; "mould" to our "mold"; "defence" to our "defense"; "tonne" to our "ton"; "favour" to our "favor"; "odour" to our "odor"; "calibre" to our "caliber"; "litre" to our "liter"....and on, and on. 

I also really like the way the English pronounce: "aluminum"...(al-you-min-e-umm). 

I guess the old saying is pretty much true. We are separated by a common language.

Also, Christmas, in Australia, is in the summer time there. I guess the old song: "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the one's I used to know", doesn't apply in the southern hemisphere. We don't get a lot of snow in the part of Texas I live in, especially around Christmas, but we get northers that would freeze a brass monkey. We get a lot more sleet than snow here, but never-the-less, it is difficult to think of Christmas, and 100+ degree heat 

My son could have easily married a girl from Queensland, but, sadly, that did not happen. We dearly loved her accent. She said we had one, but I just did not believe it. :lol:

W.K. 

... well, the spelling is different because we don't do it wrong .....   ^_^

..... and it's always summer at Christmas, hot AND flies ......   <_<

..... you guys can't even get Fathers Day in the right month   :o

9 hours ago, watab kid said:

just when i was happy it was july yall had to go and ruin it for me , i suppose ill have to go back to watching hallmark to get a little joy out of it all ..............

Don't worry,  The Hallmark Channel always has a Christmas in July special with a whole month of Christmas themed movies.

8 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Well, no, I don’t know how the Brits pronounce that word. They have a word aluminium that they pronounce al-you-min-e-um.

My son plays guitar with Rob Thomas (formerly lead singer with Matchbox 20) I guess he's pretty popular in Australia. They did Australia a couple years ago on a tour and he loved it there! Except for the 18 hour flight!!:P

14 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Don't worry,  The Hallmark Channel always has a Christmas in July special with a whole month of Christmas themed movies.

i know - now i just have to figure out how to get it - the cable was cut last month - i need a TV fix soon , my current one [older] wont lock onto the air channels and im too cheap to buy another so far , might have to break down , not real good with all the modern options and i still have my CDs of old shows i liked to play , not as much fun when you already know how they will turn out and spout the dialog before they say it ....thought it might be fun , now im not so certain it will carry me thru , i do have band of brothers and pacific i need to rewatch tho as well as some old movies my family gifted me at christmas over the years , and a WWII boxed documentary ive never opened yet , 

19 hours ago, watab kid said:

i know - now i just have to figure out how to get it - the cable was cut last month - i need a TV fix soon , my current one [older] wont lock onto the air channels and im too cheap to buy another so far , might have to break down , not real good with all the modern options and i still have my CDs of old shows i liked to play , not as much fun when you already know how they will turn out and spout the dialog before they say it ....thought it might be fun , now im not so certain it will carry me thru , i do have band of brothers and pacific i need to rewatch tho as well as some old movies my family gifted me at christmas over the years , and a WWII boxed documentary ive never opened yet , 

I believe you can get an analog to digital converter box for those old TVs. you will also need a digital antenna as the old analog signals were a different wavelength.  you're lookin at probably $20 for each of those (unless you live in the stix and need a really good antenna).  If that's not cheap enough for ya, look for them at garage sales.  

2 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I believe you can get an analog to digital converter box for those old TVs. you will also need a digital antenna as the old analog signals were a different wavelength.  you're lookin at probably $20 for each of those (unless you live in the stix and need a really good antenna).  If that's not cheap enough for ya, look for them at garage sales.  

Don't need a "digital" antenna.  When Digital TV (DTV) was put into place all the old VHF channels (channel 2-13) were forced to move to the UHF portion of the spectrum.  The new DTV channels occupy the same part of the spectrum that the old analog UHF channels did. They even use the same channelization and 6 MHz of bandwidth that the analog signals did. 

Any TV antenna capable of receiving UHF signals will work just fine.

The whole you need a digital antenna is marketing hype. Antennas receive RF they don't care if the modulation of that RF is analog or digital.

All the spectrum that the old VHF channels occupied is / has been sold off to other users.

On 6/26/2021 at 3:37 AM, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

............. there is now less than 6 months 'til Christmas ?

hiding under here \I/

=========

:ph34r:

My birthday will be here before Christmas hint hint.

Archived