SASS Wire Forum

RV Parks for EOT

Hey Surly Bob,

can't remember the name but here's the phone number: 505-281-3363

It has full hookups and is close to the ranch (sort of).

They were almost full when I called in January, so you may have waited too long.

Hope it helps.

LLC

Hey Cryptkeeper,

I don't remember the name of the place, it's west of the ranch by an exit or three, so it's closerr to Albamaturque.

I'll be staying at the ranch the week after I get to NM. I'm gonna be around there for 3 weeks or so. So we are staying at a park for the first week.

Before I leave here, I'll get your phone number so we can hook up for dinner or something before the fun starts at the ranch.

Hopefully I will have my soon to be purchased gen set in my new 5er by then.

That way all of us "older" gents can have a libation after all the work we do at the ranch.

Counting the Days....

See ya soon Pard,

LLC

Thanks Fellers.

I ended up with a reservation at a place called Hidden Valley Resort in Tijeras.

Price was right through Passport America.

Let me know if you need info. Tell 'em Surly Bob sent ya!

Yep, Surly Bob's got it rite. Used ta be the Sandia RV Park. Now behind the Chevron Station at exit 278.

That be the one!! :)

There's one on N 14 also called the Turquoise Trail Campground. ('bout the same distance 'bout 5 miles farther)

"Course theres also my backyard!!! ( Closer than both of 'em)

Cryptkeeper, I need electric and water , cna I let the grey water out on your lawn? I need you Handicap spot is it still available?

Footloose and I and a WHOLE bunch of others stayed in the Hidden Valley last year and it is GREAT!!!!.

We have reservations again this year for at least part if not the whole time we are there.

They have a pool and a hot tub, if the DAMN locals can be kept from SH#@ing :D in it.

Sure does feel good after a LONG day of Waddieing :D

Does anyone know anything about the ZIA RV park in Moriarty?

My wife looked up the Hidden Valley Site and is concerned about some bad comments posted on the web. ANY THOUGHTS from folks who have stayed at either?

What on earth did she hear.or should I say read, and where did she read it. Hidden Valley is a great place.

There was one little incident last year, but the folks are great and its a very nice place.

Fancy,

Maybe us SASS types scared away all the "Abbey" normal folks last year.

Only had a few of us there, I mean it was Padre, Billy Boots, Footloose, Drago, you, Twinkie and me, Pepper and maybe twenty or so others.

Other than the "floater" in the hot tub left by one of the locals it was not bad.

I'd like to hear what they said also.

Just so I know where I'm staying.

LLC

There was some kind of post on a forum discussing how hard it was to get there and the conditions of the roads. (dust and gravel) etc.. I will get her to locate the post again.

Would be nice to know any extra about Hidden Trails.

Never seen the place but I don't want to put my new rig or anything at risk.

Any tips on security?

Lady seemed nice over the phone....

Clay Buster and I stayed at Hidden Valley last year and have made our reservations for this year, too. The place was full of SASS members and we made many new friends. Guess we were lucky as we never heard about the "incident" but it is a nice place. When we got there we joined Passport America and got a good discount. They also have a laundry. if you need it. It's very close to the range. We'll see y'all there!

Peach

Hidden Valley is NOT hard to get into.It is just UP a HILL :FlagAm:

Sites are level and nice.

I wouldn't be going back if it weren't.

We may even have to have a PARTY at the clubhouse ! :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived