SASS Wire Forum

Yeti cup choice?

Chili Ron

Howdy,

A friend showed me his Yeti drink glass or cup whatever.

He said it would keep a cold drink and ice cold overnight.

It is a 30 ounce cup. I dont need to be walking around with a quart of

drink in my hand...but it would leave room for ice I guess....

I went to their website and they have all sorts of cup mug and glass 

sizes and shapes.  

Ive used travel mugs for coffee for years and a cold mug sounds good.

Any ideas on what one to pick??

They have all sorts of attachments and can run up a price quickly.

I would like to hear from pards who actually use these.

Thanks aheadotime.

Best

CR

Not the answer many will like!  But look a Wally World.  Ozark Trails cup are real close and 1/3 the price       GW

Every accessory that fits a Yeti cup will fit the Ozark trail cup and vice versa.  

Only difference is the logo and the price. They are both made in China.

Heavy marketing. A very good product. Way overpriced.

I have tried numerous types of mugs over the years, but never a Yeti. 
For hot drinks my favorite is Tervis Tumblers. 

For cold drinks my favorite is one I found when in the hospital 4 years ago after my bike crash. It’s made by a company called “Whirley”. Two years ago I finally broke the one I had been using and I was bummed. 
Then I found this one on Amazon. I bought 2. I haven’t opened the second one yet. 
32 oz W.E. Insulated Cold Drink Hospital Mug with Red Lid - Water Essential Travel Mug https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01CN5D4TI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_QWRWYS01X09PK4TBRMHT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

These keep cod drinks with ice cold for hours. A most excellent product at a reasonable price. 
They aren’t as tough as a stainless steel Yeti mug, but I don’t buy mugs to do battle. I just buy them to drink from. ;)

13 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

And metric conversion at no xtra charge.

Best

CR

Yeah, it ain’t sexy or cool but it works. :)

@Chili Ron go to Rural King, get their generic cup. I have one that has been dropped out of trucks, etc and it works great! It will keep coffee hot for hours and cold stuff cold til tomorrow! Costs like $7.

I buy the Ozark Trail cups because I can go pick out what I want and they cost a third of the Yeti!!

After Yeti made a big production of going anti-gun owner, I quit buying their products. Yeah! Wally World has caved to some of the anti-gun crap, but they STILL sell guns and ammunition at the stores in my area and the Ozark Trail stuff is in close proximity the gun stuff!!

And harbor freight sells a vacuum mug. I stock the ozark trail 20 Oz for the kids and 32 Oz for the grownups. If you have little kids let em pick put a color and tell em itz theirs.. cuts down on the bickering.. Spend a couple extra dollars and get the handle ring very convenient

23 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

And harbor freight sells a vacuum mug. I stock the ozark trail 20 Oz for the kids and 32 Oz for the grownups. If you have little kids let em pick put a color and tell em itz theirs.. cuts down on the bickering.. Spend a couple extra dollars and get the handle ring very convenient

The handles are a must have. Unfortunately, they usually cost more than the cup.

Wasn't it Yeti that went anti Second amendment with the NRA??

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

The handles are a must have. Unfortunately, they usually cost more than the cup.

I think I gave $2.50 for mine at wally world. I'm a cheap skate 

2 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Wasn't it Yeti that went anti Second amendment with the NRA??

Here is the story told in an “unbiased” fashion. 
https://www.thecoolerzone.com/yeti-coolers-nra-everything-need-know/

Yeti says they didn’t slight the NRA, but what’s that old line…you say tomato, I say tomahto? Sounds like they cut ties with the NRA to me…

Regardless, I won’t buy their products because their prices are stupid high. 

Howdy,

I found a huge display a wmart. Bought three.

Would have been a forturn if they said Yeti.

Magic marker perhaps????

The real magic is makin yer money disapppear.

Best

CR

Yeti is a great gift to recieve. ;)

Yeti coolers cost more than a good, new tent. :o Not sure they work any better than a cooler at half the price. Same with Yeti tumblers... effective marketing.

2 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Yeti is a great gift to recieve. ;)

Yeti coolers cost more than a good, new tent. :o Not sure they work any better than a cooler at half the price. Same with Yeti tumblers... effective marketing.

DEFINITELY NOT worth the difference in price!  All the exact same items can be found under other brand names, usually for a third of the cost!!!

I have a Thermos SS hot/cold mug that I have had for years. Keeps the liquid inside (hot or cold) at temp for many hours. Sure don't need a Yeti....way over priced!

i kinda like the one that fits my beer can , but got a couple of the 16oz for coffee that work right well without being too big or too small , i do have one of those large ones that was a trophy at local trap league one year but it seldom gets used 

Archived