SASS Wire Forum

How to submit a comment to ATF on pistols braces or receivers in under a minute.

Raylan

I just submitted the GOA form this morning from an email I got from GOA. Hope it wakes up these ATF morons!

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I just submitted the GOA form this morning from an email I got from GOA. Hope it wakes up these ATF morons!

They are already “woke”. Unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

@Raylan
I submitted my comments today. I tried previously but I was apparently doing something wrong. Today I got through and received a confirmation that my comment was received. 
Here is my comment in the fashion that it was returned to me as confirmed. I guess the Feds don’t observe proper paragraph structure and such. 

Comment:
I am curious as to how the BATFE can implement such a regulation without first going through Congress to create laws in this regard. If the BATFE is collecting revenue in regards to creating an NFA category this would be a fee or a tax. Only Congress can create laws that levy taxes per the Constitution. In addition, the BATFE has ruled a number of times on stabilizing attachments to legal firearms stating that they are legal. Now that there is a political change in government a Federal Agency, without going through Congress is now dictating laws on items they previously approved? This certainly appears to be the act of a Federal Agency creating laws, especially if they intend to collect fees (taxes) or hold people accountable in the judiciary with severe consequences. The stabilizer braces are devices that help many with disabilities shoot their legal firearms. Now the BATFE wishes to mandate that people with infirmities that also probably live on fixed incomes will now need to pay for a tax stamp to own something that has been approved numerous times by the same agency that now thinks they as bad and worthy of control? Something is very wrong in our government if this is allowed to proceed. Sincerely, TL, a 60 year old citizen that may need a stabilizing brace one day. 

12 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

This thread title is misleading.  It takes a minute of hype blabber to get the website address from the video.

Go here:

https://www.regulations.gov/

Better yet, go here:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/06/10/2021-12176/factoring-criteria-for-firearms-with-attached-stabilizing-braces

Pards and Pardettes,

You may feel that that this pistol brace rule is unimportant because it may not affect you, but it does.

Why, you ask? Because if this agency can manipulate gun ownership and gun configuration via this type of regulation manipulation what do you think they’ll do next? 
How about this:

- The standard and most popular AR-15 configuration in America has a 16” barrel. How many of you own lever guns with a 16” barrel? An ATF “ruling” that 16” barrels are bad could affect you. 

I could lay out a plethora of “What if” scenarios that we could debate for hours, but if the ATF or any other Federal agency continues to act in this manner and they are NOT held in check it just opens the door for more abuse. Agencies now hinge their bets on creating rules then dragging their feet in the courts to get their way. It takes years to stop something that should have never happened in the first place. 

There are many ways a ruling that doesn’t affect you now could affect you later. 

Archived