SASS Wire Forum

Classic Cowboy/Classic Cowgirl Shootist of the Year 2021 Nominations

Dragon Hill Dave #59561

I would like to second Hunt Mountain Drifter's nomination of Holy Rider. There aren't a huge number of CC shooters in our part of the world but Holy Rider definitely personifies the category if anybody does. Win or lose he is always one of the most gracious gents you could ever want to meet. He even goes so far as to encourage his fellow CC's to shoot faster even if it means that he gets beat. He doesn't care. He is always the humblest of fellers out there.

It’s very flattering to be mentioned for this. 

Thank you to everyone that thinks I would be deserving of this. 

Best,

Dutch

Dragon Hill Dave, 

Says you can't receive messages. Can you PM your email address.

Seamus

Hard decision on who to vote for because there are so many great Classic Cowboy's. Getting to posse with Dutch Coroner at EOT he would be a great representative. Seeing all the work that Pony Soldier has done with the CC Throwdown that I'm going to shoot this year. He would also be a great representative. 

But my vote will have to go to Sixgun Seamus. Everytime I have possed with him he has given me tips and advice even though we are competing against one another. And he always takes the costume portion to the max. Always welcoming and a great ambassador of not only Classic Cowboy but of SASS in general. 

I put my vote in the HOLY RIDER hat.  I recently shot a 2 day True Grit match with him in our posse and he was the most funny, gregarious, giving , well dressed cowboy I have run across.  He will coax, cajole and push you to try and interpret any rule you can think of. 

Hats off to all the cowboys/girls out there!

So many great nominations and seconds. Keep them coming as it helps us decide the issue. But we need some nominations for Classic Cowgirl too, Hot Tamale has already been recognized, as have several others as noted in my initial post. But I know there are more out there that are deserving. Let us know.

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve been watching High Plains Hud for 13 years now. The thing about him is he goes about playing CC without really calling any attention to himself. He’s quiet, but you can tell by watching him, that he truly loves the category. It’s infectious. Looks like he just walked off the set of Open Range. He’ll proselytize when asked, but mostly shows by action what he means. Need tips? He’s the man! He’s also one of the smoothest shooters in the game. It’s so deceptive his time is always a surprise at quickly he got through the stage. 

He’s an unsung hero of the game and needs to be acknowledged for the profound influence he has in promoting this category. 

Vote for High Plains Hud!

7 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I’ve been watching High Plains Hud for 13 years now. The thing about him is he goes about playing CC without really calling any attention to himself. He’s quiet, but you can tell by watching him, that he truly loves the category. It’s infectious. Looks like he just walked off the set of Open Range. He’ll proselytize when asked, but mostly shows by action what he means. Need tips? He’s the man! He’s also one of the smoothest shooters in the game. It’s so deceptive his time is always a surprise at quickly he got through the stage. 

He’s an unsung hero of the game and needs to be acknowledged for the profound influence he has in promoting this category. 

High Plains Hud is a great fella! One of the best!

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 10:29 PM, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Well said.

Although i'm not sure what "proselytize" is, everything else i agree with!

I like little words and big bullets...

On 8/13/2021 at 6:30 AM, Major Art Tillery said:

High Plains Hud is a great fella! One of the best!

Yes he is.

Durn hard to beat but an easy fella to like and respect. Great guy! When he shoots he's smooth and fast. When he talks he's quiet but you'd better pay attention to what he's sayin' cause it's all gold.  High Plains Hud is one of a kind and we're lucky here in Kansas to have him around. He's a man you'd want for a teacher, mentor and friend.

Archived