SASS Wire Forum

Bosch Season 7 - Starts Tomorrow

The seventh and final season of Bosch starts on Amazon tomorrow, June 25.

The teaser for this season includes a neat reference, in a conversation between Bosch and Jerry Edgar, to characters in The Wire - an HBO series that Jamie Hector, who plays Edgar, also starred in.  Good for an insider laugh.

LL

I just finished last week watching the prior 6 seasons for the second time. I can relate as a past homicide detective a lot of good stuff. Not all true, but how a lot of things go down. Especially luck. From someone that worked around 1,600 deaths and homicides over 20+ years.

I like that show. Surprisingly my wife loves the show. She’ll be happy about the new season. Thanks Loophole, for the heads up. 

I will put in one qualification.  The streaming services on some series have started showing one episode per week instead of dumping all eight episodes at once to keep people from binge watching.  If Bosch does that I will wait until all eight are available so I can watch several in a row.  Otherwise if I have to wait a week between episodes I forget what is going on.

Even though I'm a big Connelly fan and have been for many years, I'd never watched Bosch until about 9 months ago. After a few minutes to substitute Titus Welliver for my previous mental image of Bosch, I was on board and loved the show. They did an amazingly good job of adapting the books; faithful to the story lines, changes and modifications now and then that fit well.

Some of the 'substitutions', especially Lance Reddick as Irvin Irving, are brilliant.

So anyhow I'm just finishing my second time through to get ready for the new season!

15 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

One of the few shows that I enjoy. I was disappointed that Yellowstone did not debut on the 20th.

Same here. And now I hear it's releasing after the Olympics.

1 hour ago, MAYOBARD SASS #13025L said:

It is too bad that this is the last season.

Don't be too sure.  There is talk on line of a sequel on YouTube, including Titus Welliver and Madison Lintz.  

Think about that after you finish the last season; I was up at 4:00 AM to start watching, and binged all of Season 7.

It's neat to be retired.

LL

1 hour ago, MAYOBARD SASS #13025L said:

It is too bad that this is the last season.

33 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Don't be too sure.  There is talk on line of a sequel on YouTube, including Titus Welliver and Madison Lintz.  

Think about that after you finish the last season; I was up at 4:00 AM to start watching, and binged all of Season 7.

It's neat to be retired.

LL

If I had to guess, the sequel or spin off will be the events that take place after Bosch retires from the LAPD.  I'm guessing a smaller regular cast and less location filming will lower the cost of the show enough to make it profitable to continue production while keeping the fans happy.

Well what did you guys think of the last season?  If you wait until a few seconds into the end credits it clearly shows what Bosch will be doing in the new show if you haven't figured it out by then.  The new show will be on IMDb.  This is owned by Amazon and is accessed through Prime.  The biggest different is IMDb has LOTS of commercials.  Bosch, Maddie and Honey/Money the lawyer will be the main cast of the new show.

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Well what did you guys think of the last season?  If you wait until a few seconds into the end credits it clearly shows what Bosch will be doing in the new show if you haven't figured it out by then.  The new show will be on IMDb.  This is owned by Amazon and is accessed through Prime.  The biggest different is IMDb has LOTS of commercials.  Bosch, Maddie and Honey/Money the lawyer will be the main cast of the new show.

I enjoyed the 7th season and wasn't surprised at what was revealed in the ending credits.

The only thing I would have liked to see was the fall out of Bosch blowing the whistle on the plea deal given to a murderer

7 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I heard the same thing about IMDB. If commercials are as frequent as every 5-6 minutes as is now the norm in most of TV, I won’t be watching. 

Archived