SASS Wire Forum

CAPTCHA BS

Dusty Devil Dale

Is it only me, or is everyone else having to re log-in and go through the ridiculous CAPTCHA bulls-hit every time I try to post here.  Usually the microscopic (on Android) CAPTCHA images are too blurry to interpret and I either get rejected as a robot, or I get the message that "someone else is already using this email address".  

This has been going on for some time.  What am I missing or doing wrong?   I wonder how many others have faced this and given up trying.  

5 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

Is it only me, or is everyone else having to re log-in and go through the ridiculous CAPTCHA bulls-hit every time I try to post here.  Usually the microscopic (on Android) CAPTCHA images are too blurry to interpret and I either get rejected as a robot, or I get the message that "someone else is already using this email address".  

This has been going on for some time.  What am I missing or doing wrong?   I wonder how many others have faced this and given up trying.  

Tag the 'save me' box next log in...as long as you are not on a shared computer (outside of family use) you should have no issues. Then you are just 'logged' in.

2 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Tag the 'save me' box next log in...as long as you are not on a shared computer (outside of family use) you should have no issues. Then you are just 'logged' in.

The 'save me' box is checked, but I still have to prove I'm not a robot over and over again when I try to post or 'like' something.  It's been like this for the past two years.   My log-in will continue for a day or two, if I keep posting continuously, but if I miss even half a day, the log-in cancels and I get back on the CAPTCHA cycle.  I've notified the site Administrator(s) and it gets fixed for a day or two, but then I try to post and find myself back picking which photos have stop signs or boats or bicycles.   Somewhere there seems to be a bad software loop.   That is why I asked if others are affected.  

26 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

What does this have to do with CAS???

Why wouldn't you contact via phone or email someone that can actually look into your setups or...whatever.

Phantom

It has to do with SASS and their website and services to members.  I needed to know if it was a general problem for everyone, or just associated with my registration.  Just ignore it if you want.  I promise not to be offended.  

2 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

It has to do with SASS and their website and services to members.  I needed to know if it was a general problem for everyone, or just associated with my registration.  Just ignore it if you want.  I promise not to be offended.  

Yer a rules guy, look at what is said regarding content of the Wire...

:wacko:

33 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Yer a rules guy, look at what is said regarding content of the Wire...

:wacko:

I got my answer.  The problem is just in my registration account and apparently nobody else's.  So I really don't see a need to make yet another rhetorical argument here.

(FYI, I did make an effort to direct contact the Site Administrator  via email.  It met the same CAPTCHA barrier.  The problem is in Administrator recognition of my email address.  

But, as above, I have my answer and you don't need to bother your busy brain with it any longer.   Thanks for all your help and constructive  guidance.  

1 hour ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

I got my answer.  The problem is just in my registration account and apparently nobody else's.  So I really don't see a need to make yet another rhetorical argument here.

(FYI, I did make an effort to direct contact the Site Administrator  via email.  It met the same CAPTCHA barrier.  The problem is in Administrator recognition of my email address.  

But, as above, I have my answer and you don't need to bother your busy brain with it any longer.   Thanks for all your help and constructive  guidance.  

I like to think that I give constructive guidance where warranted.

Now that you brought up "rhetorical argument"...I find that I tend to use Aristotle's Ethos appeal. I'm not sure in this forum that you'd be able to utilize this appeal...

Phantom

Archived