SASS Wire Forum

shipmygun.com Review

Cholla

I posted a link to this company a few months ago. I just got though using it. It was so easy and inexpensive I was sure I was doing something wrong. I had to call them to make sure I was doing it correctly.

The steps were to pick what size UPS box the revolver would fit in, provide the weight, pick the FFL I was sending the gun to, and fill in a little more info. Once it's filled in they provide a price, you pay it, they send a UPS shipping label via email.

If the FFL hasn't signed up as one of their preferred FFLs, the wait for a label is longer because they contact the FFL to get the required information.

The shipment goes directly to the FFL of the buyer. The label comes with a letter from somebody high up at UPS stating that UPS and shipmygun.com has a an agreement to allow them to ship a revolver via second day air, not overnight.

They did warn me to bring the letter with me to the UPS center as the agent most likely won't know about the agreement. They were right. The UPS agent told me it would have to go overnight. I handed him the letter. He dismissed himself for 10 minutes to talk with someone, then came back and boxed the gun up for me, apologizing for the wait.

This save me about $20-$30 over the last time I shipped a pistol.

The only drawback I saw was that it has to ship out via a real UPS service center, not the UPS Store, or an affiliate. That was a 100-minute round trip for me, only to find out they had closed! 

www.shipmygun.com

Archived