SASS Wire Forum

Reporters

Utah Bob #35998

In Arvada, Co on Monday a police officer was ambushed and killed, also killed was a citizen who intervened. The shooter is also dead.. Detailsare slowlw being revealed but one reporter printed this today.

The man charged with shooting and killing a police officer in Arvada, Colorado, on Monday allegedly left behind a note to be found by investigators explaining his deepened hatred for cops and his objective to hurt Arvada police officers.

Some editor should have noted to this guy that a dead suspect is not "Charged" .

His editor probably told the reporter to use that word.  Incompetence is not restricted to the peons.

I first noticed the decline in journalism, when TIME magazine started printing spelling and grammar errors.
They used to be such sticklers for proper use... not anymore.

3 hours ago, bgavin said:

I first noticed the decline in journalism, when TIME magazine started printing spelling and grammar errors.
They used to be such sticklers for proper use... not anymore.

Correcting those might slow down their rush to judgement.

Even a lie has an element of truth to it.  You just have to be smart enough to sort it out.

The English language, of which I am very fond, continues to …..evolve? deteriorate? Circle the drain? 

19 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

In Arvada, Co on Monday a police officer was ambushed and killed, also killed was a citizen who intervened. The shooter is also dead.. Detailsare slowlw being revealed but one reporter printed this today.

Some editor should have noted to this guy that a dead suspect is not "Charged" .

Editor is a mostly meaningless title these days.  Practically no one edits anything, especially at newspapers, most BS content magazines, and a majority of TV "entertainment."

4 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The English language, of which I am very fond, continues to …..evolve? deteriorate? Circle the drain? 

I think of it as being "mangled," with the tacit approval (and encouragement) of the whole "Social Justice Warrior" set and others of their ilk.

Oh ~ hand one of 'em a pad and pencil and ask 'em to write down their definition of "ilk" you'd likely get this:

image.jpeg.2982ab8282c17a6100f67c3e2e79ffc2.jpeg

Archived