SASS Wire Forum

Your EOT 2021 Experience

Chicken George*

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the Florida Shooters put on a great showing, (no real surprise there!)

Congratulations to Santa Fe River Stan who earned 1st Place 49r!  He looks to have had a fantastic match and even beat Bucky Buckskin! :o (Probably lulled him into a false sense of security with that whole "Bum Leg" story.  :D )  Glad to see it healed up in time for EOT!

Just from the first page...Sorry if I missed anyone.

10th Santa Fe River Stan

13th Bucky Buckskin

17th Christian Mortician (Yeah, I know, he's a Georgia Boy)

23rd Fireball
27th Dang-it Dan

34th Outlaw Travis James

37th Delta Glen

Congratulations also to Ringer taking 1st Place SFC!  Nice to know that when I get my butt kicked, it's by the best! :P  Hope to see you again in January at the Darkness Falls/ Dark Day double header.

Safe Travels to All on their journey home!

9 hours ago, Cahawbakid said:

The  costume  contest scores are still linking to 2019

Posting Costume info normally lags far behind match results as they are not in a format to just upload right after the match. Same as side match info.

Pretty heavy rain the last day can really affect your match.  I had 11 stages under my belt with almost no issues except the one created by age... so my last stage (#4) threw me for a loop!

What you can't see during all the stopping is me digging out the pocket knife to pull off spent or dud caps and putting on fresh ones...  I covered the pistols with plastic bags while waiting to load, but forgot about the inline capper in my vest pocket!  

Congrats to all the winners, both overall and category, and to all the other Frontiersmen who successful completed the match!  

I put together an "unofficial" EOT 2021 highlight video and posted it on LinkedIn.  It's about 27 minutes long and includes a few views of the range, the vendors, the banquet and fireworks, several stages being shot, and some photos.  You can view it here:  

On 6/29/2021 at 9:37 AM, Griff said:

Pretty heavy rain the last day can really affect your match.  I had 11 stages under my belt with almost no issues except the one created by age... so my last stage (#4) threw me for a loop!

What you can't see during all the stopping is me digging out the pocket knife to pull off spent or dud caps and putting on fresh ones...  I covered the pistols with plastic bags while waiting to load, but forgot about the inline capper in my vest pocket!  

Congrats to all the winners, both overall and category, and to all the other Frontiersmen who successful completed the match!  

That had to be painful.  

Good shooting partner Lonesome Ryder shot a 10 stage clean match in Parker Kansas in the rain with 60 Armys. Something not easy done!

792583694_LonesomeRyderJuly2019.jpg.1cb5e29bcc3423e6282a95f5ca4d8325.jpg

On 6/29/2021 at 9:37 AM, Griff said:

Congraulations Giff on a clean match (no misses) shooting cap and ball and dealing with the rain the last day!!!!  :ph34r:

I hit all my targets in the correct order until the last stage and had one pistol miss.  :(

On 6/23/2021 at 7:20 PM, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

How about a couple of photos of the vendor area.

18F16C0E-175F-476A-9F74-22660B71BEC8.jpeg

3F25C5C1-2C09-47C2-9190-F809D46CB8DC.jpeg

3A11E87C-B35F-4C0F-8468-C3CD1567FAED.jpeg

6A8B3BCF-7BAE-4E9B-B80B-322BA979E099.jpeg

9EE92152-AD63-4CED-8772-8340E2B57976.jpeg

Archived