SASS Wire Forum

Your EOT 2021 Experience

Chicken George*

We have been very disappointed that we couldn't attend EOT this year. We were planning on it, had housing reserved and everything. We just didn't realize that registration would be a quick draw competition. I would love to know what the match is like this year. Please post pictures or video and tell us about everything. How is the range, how difficult are the stages, what activities did you participate in, what are you experiencing? Please share EOT with us! 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Those are great videos.  What's all that green stuff in the background?

Thanks Larsen! I believe the green stuff is called vegetation!

George we rolled in yesterday about 1:30 pm, so we’re shooting the main match only.

I like the range. The targets are close to medium in distance. Sequences seem to be pretty straightforward. Some innovation, but not in ways that detract from shooting, rather a nice change. The folks are friendly (as you would expect) and things are running very smoothly. Posse 5 is a fun group.

I’m not shooting particularly well, but my middle son, the Iron Cowboy is doing very well. Interestingly, we both shot the first stage of the day with the exact same times. I’m still a bit faster than him, but not for much longer. I figure another 1-2 months and he’ll be beating me regularly.

7 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Thanks Larsen! I believe the green stuff is called vegetation!

George we rolled in yesterday about 1:30 pm, so we’re shooting the main match only.

I like the range. The targets are close to medium in distance. Sequences seem to be pretty straightforward. Some innovation, but not in ways that detract from shooting, rather a nice change. The folks are friendly (as you would expect) and things are running very smoothly. Posse 5 is a fun group.

I’m not shooting particularly well, but my middle son, the Iron Cowboy is doing very well. Interestingly, we both shot the first stage of the day with the exact same times. I’m still a bit faster than him, but not for much longer. I figure another 1-2 months and he’ll be beating me regularly.

Curious to know what the innovations are.

Phantom

2 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Curious to know what the innovations are.

Phantom

Just some strings I either haven’t shot before or very rarely.

‘Sweep three targets twice from the same direction then four in the middle.’  I’ve done that before but only a few times.

Ten rifle targets, only done that once or twice.

Two targets shot 1,1,3,3,1,1 sweep. New to me.

Three targets, shoot center target 4 times then double tap sweep all three. New to me.

I like that easier sweeps with closer targets have other elements to add a challenge.

A 3-4-3 sweep with close big targets will be pretty quick, so add down range movement, 6 shotgun, and a vertically staged rifle.

10 string rifle sweep and two five string pistol sweeps is easy to remember so add the requirement to shoot through four window/doors and let the shooter figure out how he wants to break it down.

It’s a good balance that allows some speed runs, and some stages that take longer.

My first EOT. Impressed with the whole shebang and the folks behind the scenes. Really glad to meet pards I have only known through the Wire. What a blessing. 

GG~:FlagAm:

IMO. 

Target placement looks good.

One of my biggest personal disappointments in finally attending EOT in 2019 (after hearing it bragged on a lot) was to discover the targets had been pushed out a distance.

Fine if you like that kind of thing - I dont.

These appear a little more to my preference.

2 minutes ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

IMO. 

Target placement looks good.

One of my biggest personal disappointments in finally attending EOT in 2019 (after hearing it bragged on a lot) was to discover the targets had been pushed out a distance.

Fine if you like that kind of thing - I dont.

These appear a little more to my preference.

That's kinda interesting isn't it.

Part of the "issue" with 2019 was the moving back of targets because EOT is a "World Championship" after all...Glad to see that perhaps this philosophy is passe. Not sure about liken the downward angle of the pistols...but they have to work with what they've got. 

Looks like a Pretty range.

Phantom

3 hours ago, Chicken George* said:

I've been told that lots of stuff gets posted on Facebook, but I don't do FB.  So thanks for posting here. The range looks really nice! How's the weather? 

Been awesome!

Wish we all could have been "in"...hard call to have been made, I am sure.

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

How about a couple of photos of the vendor area.

I'll get some tomorrow.

The weather over the weekend was HOT and humid, Monday (cowboy practice) was more of the same, Tuesday was very mild, if a little chilled in the am, (60s), today was much more temperate.  Here's my slowpoke version of Stage 7... slowest of my day... and yes, HOT caps between your fingers will get your attention in a hurry!  No, I wasn't trying to throw this gun away!

https://youtu.be/5N1KV-aoemc

8 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

We met PP this afternoon.

How cool. Nice shots.

He caught us hanging out with those guyz that tawlk funny!!!

20210623_212021.jpg

Jack Aroo and Kathouse Kelli couldn't be here, but many of her creations did!

I am wearing 'Purple Passion', the name she gave my corset that she special made for me. (I wanted a corset with a little skirt on the bottom)

Lill Magill is wearing some KK creations.

We miss ALL our WORLD competitors that were shut down from coming by the restrictions of their countries.

9 hours ago, Griff said:

The weather over the weekend was HOT and humid, Monday (cowboy practice) was more of the same, Tuesday was very mild, if a little chilled in the am, (60s), today was much more temperate.  Here's my slowpoke version of Stage 7... slowest of my day... and yes, HOT caps between your fingers will get your attention in a hurry!  No, I wasn't trying to throw this gun away!

https://youtu.be/5N1KV-aoemc

I never could get the black rectangle to play.  But the link worked. 

I've never shot a stage where the gun was propped up.  The ranges we shoot at, including our local,  just won't do that.  

A lot of shotgun targets! 

Good bit of movement.  They'd have to let the next shooter go around me. Missouri Lefty can shoot a whole stage while I'm making a transition from one gun to the next.

My Pietta 1860s tend to drop at least one hot cap between the grip and hand each time. 

11 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Here is Jokers Wild's YouTube play list.

Deuce is sure lookin' a slim critter now a days  !!!!

16 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Just some strings I either haven’t shot before or very rarely.

‘Sweep three targets twice from the same direction then four in the middle.’  I’ve done that before but only a few times.

Ten rifle targets, only done that once or twice.

Two targets shot 1,1,3,3,1,1 sweep. New to me.

Three targets, shoot center target 4 times then double tap sweep all three. New to me.

I like that easier sweeps with closer targets have other elements to add a challenge.

A 3-4-3 sweep with close big targets will be pretty quick, so add down range movement, 6 shotgun, and a vertically staged rifle.

10 string rifle sweep and two five string pistol sweeps is easy to remember so add the requirement to shoot through four window/doors and let the shooter figure out how he wants to break it down.

It’s a good balance that allows some speed runs, and some stages that take longer.

I'll be expecting a full report on your return. Likes, dislikes, DOs, Don'ts, etc.

Weather comin in from the West, hopefully it dives South of ya.

Best of luck!

4 minutes ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

I'll be expecting a full report on your return. Likes, dislikes, DOs, Don'ts, etc.

Weather comin in from the West, hopefully it dives South of ya.

Best of luck!

Sounds good to me!

2nd wave today. The boys are sleeping in….

Archived