SASS Wire Forum

Men...Our MOTTO!

Back in 2007 I bought my wife a new Chevy Suburban from Ben Mynatt Chevrolet in Concord, NC.

I know that’s where I bought it because it has a sticker on the rear that says so. 
A couple of years later she said “Will you take this stupid sticker off my car?”

I said “Yes, just not this weekend.”

For a couple of years she reminded me every few months and I swear, every time she asked it was either raining, too cold or I had something else planned. She never reminded me on a nice sunny day or when something else wasn’t going on. 
One day in 2015 my wife got all bent out of shape when we stopped at O’Reilly’s to pick up some cleaning wax to buff out the area around the decal after removal. 
She angrily told me not to worry about it. 
About a year later she said to me one day “So, when are you ever going to remove that sticker?”

I said “Last year you got mad when I wanted to remove the sticker and said ‘Don’t worry about it’ so Now you want it off again? You really need to make up your mind!”

For some reason this really made her angry. Not sure why. I was just abiding by her wishes. 

She hasn’t told me either way since then whether or not she still wants the sticker removed so I guess when she makes up her mind she’ll let me know…

:D

48 years ago, when we were newly weds, I noticed what appeared as a "To Do" list on the side of our refrigerator.  Over the next few weeks I noticed the list was getting longer.  One evening while we were eating supper the wife asked when I was going to start on the To Do list? 

"What To do list?" was my reply.

"The one I have for you on the refrigerator!"

"Oh I wondered what that was.  I'll get started on it as soon as I finish your To Do list."  Wife gave me a strange look.  Slept that night with one eye open. 

Never saw a list after that.  

There is the theory of birth order.  First child has the tendency to take after the parent of the opposite sex.  Evidently my wife's father gave his wife a "To Do" list so my my wife felt obligated to try the same with me. 

I get Honey Do lists from my  girlfriend and her very cute sisters I just deal with  them

GFs best Honey Do  list  just had  "ME" on it 

1 hour ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

I adhere to the Possum Lodge motto.  I'm a man, and I can change.  If I have to.  I guess.

Sit down.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati.

Ah, Red Green. A very wise man! :lol:

23 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

48 years ago, when we were newly weds, I noticed what appeared as a "To Do" list on the side of our refrigerator.  Over the next few weeks I noticed the list was getting longer.  One evening while we were eating supper the wife asked when I was going to start on the To Do list? 

"What To do list?" was my reply.

"The one I have for you on the refrigerator!"

"Oh I wondered what that was.  I'll get started on it as soon as I finish your To Do list."  Wife gave me a strange look.  Slept that night with one eye open. 

Never saw a list after that.  

There is the theory of birth order.  First child has the tendency to take after the parent of the opposite sex.  Evidently my wife's father gave his wife a "To Do" list so my my wife felt obligated to try the same with me. 

This reminded me of the honey do list my mom had for my dad.  Every once in a while he'd take care of the list.  By removing it from the fridge and throwing it away. 

Archived