SASS Wire Forum

A Request For my State Directors

Charlie T Waite

:unsure: So went in to see the Vascular Surgeon Yesterday & he sent me to have a CTA ABDOMEN PELVIS WITH RUNOFF - they put an isotope/dye in your IV and map all you arteries & veins from the chest down.  That stuff feels very hot when it goes in your arm and it spreads fast, they said they get one shot to get it and you have to hold your breath until they say you can breath as well as be perfectly still with that hot stuff running through you.  Fortunately it only takes about 3 minutes total after it starts.  Only about a minute or so of holding your breath.  Well the results came back :rolleyes: and he called me today to tell me I am to be back at the hospital next Tuesday to see him before having surgery Wednesday morning.  As it turns out, my left femoral artery is 100% blocked and there is significant blockage to the right femoral artery as well.  He said he can fix it - "woohoo roto-rooter":D..  So I guess I will be a guest at Sanford Hospital from next Tuesday thru Friday if this goes alright because he said I was not allowed to do it as an outpatient:huh:.  They might also be putting more spare parts in the arteries while there in there dredging things out as well.  He still thinks there might be something else that needs done before the pain goes away, but this is the start of it.B),an to think I've only been telling them that something was wrong since Sept. last year. At least this one said lets find out what's wrong and fix it.

Anyway, I am asking you all to hold down the fort and keep posting 2A information to the Team SASS Thread for 7 days+/- starting Tuesday June 29 until at least July 3rd.  I'm hoping that I should be able to take take it from there but just in case I'm ask for the 7 days coverage.

I appreciate all of you, your efforts and post, again I will coin Colonel Dan and say "Soldier On"

Charlie :FlagAm:

• Charlie T Waite changed the title to A Request For my State Directors

Good luck and a speedy recovery.

I survived 5 bypass surgery. I wish you the same success.

Quick update - Surgery went well - 1- 4+" & 1- 2+" stints put in my Left Leg Femoral Artery and all blockages removed - Going home.  Go back for post op on the 19th & to schedule the other leg for the same thing.

I want to thank all of you for the personal PMs and for the continued support you gave to our 2A fight while I was out of it; I will be back in the fight tomorrow.

Keep up the good work and again thanks to all of you.

Charlie

Posted from My IPhone 8Plus

Archived