SASS Wire Forum

Heritage .22 six gun any good?

Go West

I bought one long ago just to have second 22 pistol . first is single six I  bought in 70s 

ok for the price  but cocking it feels crunchy and the safety is ugly 

now I have the 12 shot Uberti  1873 very smooth but heavy 

The heritage Roughrider‘s are a good revolver. For what you pay for them you get all of your money back. I don’t think they will last as long as a Ruger wrangler or single six. The big difference is there is no aftermarket parts available to make them run smoother or faster. The Ruger single six and the new wrangler are interchangeable with  ruger vaquero parts. Spring kits, transfer bars , hammers are all interchangeable. If you’re looking for an expensive revolver try the heritage, if you’re looking for something to shoot in cowboy action that you would want to increase the smoothness and speed of by the wrangler!

my brother has one that shoots as well as my vintage single six but the mechanism and fit & finish dont compare , but for this game i have a pair of cimaaron lightnings that have taken the abuse 

I have a pair for a couple of years now that I just shot again this past Sunday along with my Henry .22. I have nothing bad to say about them. They have always worked well for me with no issues. I don't like the safety, but I can live with it. My opinion is they sell at a great price and I can buy a pair of the Heritage for the price of one Wrangler. If I was shooting .22's in cowboy every week I would probably buy a pair of Single Sixes, but I only shoot .22 maybe 2-3 times a year in cowboy.

Started my daughter out on a pair. Did the action jobs myself; no parts replacement, just lightened and smoothed.

Worked great from 10 yrs - 13 when she became a JR. Sold em to a pard.

If the Wranglers were around then, I'd a bought em. You'll have to check your wallet and decide.

Nothing wrong with them, I'd just prefer the Rugers.

Archived