SASS Wire Forum

Stoeger Uberti 73

Bailey Creek,5759

I was shooting my Stoeger Uberti 73 today it didn't want to shoot.

Primers had a good hit on them. If you pulled Hammer back then pulled trigger they would fire.

I haven't done anything to it yet. Am wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or knows someone who has .

Last weekend it was working great .

What brand of primers were you using?

Possibly the front screw for the main spring has backed off a little.      GW

1 hour ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Make sure your primers are seated completely, if not the first hit could be seating them enough to lose power on the hammer strike. 

Randy

This.

Primers did not get a "good enough" hit on them on first try, or they would have fired. 

A Stoeger imported Uberti is an OLD gun.  Lots of wear-induced problems can start to pop up.  

Protruding primers ought to be checked first.   And weak mainspring second.   Dirty firing pin channel, broken firing pin, or binding firing pin extension also possible culprits.  Tripping trigger before the action is fully closed or after you have already opened the lever slightly, especially if trigger safety is dirty or removed.   Excess headspace possible too.   If brass needs small pistol primers, loading small rifle primers can do this too.

good luck, GJ

I have a mixture of Federal, Winchester and CCI primers.  I use only Federals for my rifle. I mark the CCI and Wins for my pistols. I use real Colts and they never fail to fire the CCI and Win primers.

9 hours ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

A Stoeger imported Uberti is an OLD gun.

How old is "old" ?

I bought mine last year from Kentucky Gun Co, and it came in a Stoeger Uberti box.
Apparently this was 5-year old "new old stock" as I called Stoeger and was told it was made in 2014.

I guess when Uberti started distribution on their own in US (about 2013 or 14), they used the Stoeger company as a brand name again.  So in addition to the importers, they have their own "house" brand now.

The original Stoegers were mainly pre-2000.  The resurrection of Stoeger - after 2013 or so.  But you are right, date code needs to be checked to be sure if it's 20+ years old, or just a few years old.

good luck, GJ

Archived