SASS Wire Forum

The Searchers and Wokeism

If you were to press info for the Searchers on 259 Insp channel on Dish you'd learn that John Waynes character is a bigoted ex Confederate soldier.   Nevermind that the natives who stole the girl were the worst kind of brigands, cutthroats, and thieves worthy of any pirate ship.

26 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

He was an ex-Confederate soldier. That he was bigoted is part of the story line; certainly in the book, but also in the movie. One of the main points, really, and how he overcame it at the end.

Nothing new there.

I'd rather they let me figure that out

1 hour ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

He was an ex-Confederate soldier. That he was bigoted is part of the story line; certainly in the book, but also in the movie. One of the main points, really, and how he overcame it at the end.

Nothing new there.

I agree with Sam...

Let me make up my mind by watching the movie, as to who/what the person may or may not be.

I don't need someone to explain what I will see/feel/think/hear ,ect.

Don’t forget a cardinal rule of the left: Always emphasize any shortcomings or transgressions of white folk but never those of non-whites.  It’s called treating people different because of the color of their skin, aka Racism!

Seamus

Geez, at least they are watching John Wayne movies.  I wonder if we can get any of them to a range?  :P

On 6/20/2021 at 7:58 PM, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I agree with Sam...

Let me make up my mind by watching the movie, as to who/what the person may or may not be.

I don't need someone to explain what I will see/feel/think/hear ,ect.

i agree with both - quit censoring my viewing and let me think for myself , otherwise give me back joe mccarthy to rid of us of the commies 

im only kidding about joe but not the ridding , 

they are all but burning books and im not in favor of keeping folks in the dark about anything - but let them figure it out for themselves , 

i have always liked that particular JW film for exactly what it was - an awakening for the character - isnt that what they pretend they want ? except they want to jamb it down your throat . not real big on any force feeding yet 

On 6/20/2021 at 6:58 PM, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

.....I don't need someone to explain what I will see/feel/think/hear ,ect.

Movie reviewers have been doing that for 100 years. ;)

Interesting part of the movie plot was when the Ranger captain (Ward Bond) was after Ethan for "shooting the bad guy in the back" because he was half-turned toward the shooter.  If that was a modern-day cop and a purp with a gun in hand, there would have undoubtedly been a grand jury convened! 

"Boy, you watch that knife!":rolleyes:

Archived