SASS Wire Forum

Holsters for Women

Col Del Rio

My wife has finally joined SASS!  "Diamondhead Dame" needs a set of holsters. She shoots Vaqueros.  She is very petite.  She wants crossdraw.

Recommendations for outfitters?

Thanks,

Col. Del Rio

Howdy CD,

Mernickle Holsters makes ladies holsters.  

They have many styles to choose from and they make quality stuff that lasts many, many years.  You'll get your money's worth.  

Mo

Colt Faro if you want the best cross draw design.  Functional art too. 

My wife has been using one of the Lady Tequila rigs from Kirkpatrick Leather for about the last 10 years and loves it.  She started with two straight draw holsters, but eventually bought a crossdraw as she shoots Lady Frontier Cartridge Duelist and it avoided the switching guns between hands issue.

Lady Tequila

For a woman you either need a belt that rides low or, as Allie Mo’s photo shows, fits at the waist but holsters are dropped down in buscadero style.  Most women that wear them at the waist with gun butts at top of waist find they are drawing into their armpits.

im just pleased to know more women are taking this up , ill +1 mernickle but i know there are a lot of others that you can get great results from , big thing is being happy with what you get at staying in the game with us , 

Take her to a large match and she can browse the leather vendors and look at rigs other women are wearing.  

As others have pointed out, belts for women have different challenges than for men. The leather maker that made Sawmill Mary's rig took two hours to spec out. A lot goes into the process. 

8 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Okay...maybe I'm miss-reading this but isn't he asking for HOLSTERS?

Not "Rigs"...????

And if that's the case, no difference between male and female when it comes to holsters.

Phantom

I'm gonna go wayyyyyyyy out on a limb here and guess that with a six digit membership number he may not know there's a difference.  He's probably using the word "holsters" as a generic term for the entire rig. Just a guess though. 

Archived