SASS Wire Forum

Vegan Hunter?

Title brought to mind  this vegetarian down our way that runs an organic farm with lots of heirloom veggies, fruit and such. She also raises pastured hogs, slaughters them herself and cures them by hanging the old fashioned way. Mainly for family tradition, not the little she makes off if it.

3 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Title brought to mind  this vegetarian down our way that runs an organic farm with lots of heirloom veggies, fruit and such. She also raises pastured hogs, slaughters them herself and cures them by hanging the old fashioned way. Mainly for family tradition, not the little she makes off if it.

A vegetarian that butchers hogs? 

There’s a good joke in there somewhere, but I am just at a loss right now. :D

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

A vegetarian that butchers hogs? 

There’s a good joke in there somewhere, but I am just at a loss right now. :D

A butchered hog named Prissy is the exact reason my sister became a vegeterian!!!

On 6/21/2021 at 6:20 AM, Whiskey Hicks said:

I thought this might be about a vegetarian for personal reasons that hunts and donated the meats to food pantries.

Dirk Benedict (played Starbuck on the original Battlestar Galactica series, among other things) is vegan but hunts and cooks the wild game for his guests. 

Hollyweird.  The guy was a hoot at the convention though. 

On 6/20/2021 at 3:01 PM, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

They do multiply like rabbits.:lol: Is that a left handed shotgun?Ejection port is on the opposite side!:blink::rolleyes::blush:

It's so common for the images to be flipped these days that I don't think most people even notice anymore.  However, if you look close, it looks like he has a wedding band on the hand holding the wrist of the shotgun.  If that's the case, the image isn't flipped and it is a left handed shotgun.  I don't recognize the design on his hat but that might tell us also.  Someone see if they can zoom in and enhance the cat's collar.  If it says ϱnoԳ instead of Pong we'll have our answer. 

On 6/20/2021 at 2:51 PM, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

2021_06_20_01_19_42.thumb.jpg.dd3ca99ca536f8276039f7d810db83ff.jpg

I vote for image flip. I can’t zoom in on the cats collar without it being too fuzzy.

However:
Use your Fashion sense. Look at his collar. In the picture it has the cover flap on his right side. Traditional men’s loathing has the cover flap on the left side. Unless he is wearing a traditional women’s coat the. Image is flipped.

CJ

Archived