SASS Wire Forum

Fathers Day

Subdeacon Joe

I was the only one of four kids that liked to hunt and fish like my pa. Kinda thought I was the favorite. Turns out my two brothers and my sister thought they were too. Now THAT'S A DAD! 

Lost dad in March of 2002. Miss ya Pa.

This is a month or so before he passed, holding Kaya.

IMG_20170812_192254183_HDR.jpg

My hero and mentor. Gone for 45 years and I still miss his love and guidance. Every time I look at that picture I want to screen fix your damn gig line 

B667AA3D-81DB-4294-901B-F8DE699F228C.jpeg

My Dad was an Engineer, too, Warden. 19th , N.Africa,Sicily, Italy. He never talked much  about it, but Mom said he had night mares a lot. He was a present at Kasserine Pass and I think that's where a lot of it came from.:FlagAm::o:blush:

2 hours ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

My Dad was an Engineer, too, Warden. 19th , N.Africa,Sicily, Italy. He never talked much  about it, but Mom said he had night mares a lot. He was a present at Passerine Pass and I think that's where a lot of it came from.:FlagAm::o:blush:

Dad's battalion was assigned to the 101.  When the 101 was pinned down in Bastogne, his unit was just outside.   He said if Bastogne had fallen,  the Germans would have just rolled over them. He didn't talk much either. 

I prefer to focus on my kids on Father's Day, not having had a completely satisfying relationship with my own father.  My daughter knows that I love puzzles, and sent me a book of logic problems.  Exercise to keep the neurons active.  Delightful challenges.  Thank you Katy.

My son Ethan, alias Fret Maverick, is a baseball nut and author and is taking a tour this week, giving Wilson baseball gloves to kids who cannot afford their own.  He dedicated the trip to me as my Father's Day present.  Cool!

His first installment of my Father's Day Gift is documented on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c8z_cWbpXE&feature=youtu.be

I am a lucky father.

27 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I prefer to focus on my kids on Father's Day, not having had a completely satisfying relationship with my own father.  My daughter knows that I love puzzles, and sent me a book of logic problems.  Exercise to keep the neurons active.  Delightful challenges.  Thank you Katy.

My son Ethan, alias Fret Maverick, is a baseball nut and author and is taking a tour this week, giving Wilson baseball gloves to kids who cannot afford their own.  He dedicated the trip to me as my Father's Day present.  Cool!

His first installment of my Father's Day Gift is documented on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c8z_cWbpXE&feature=youtu.be

I am a lucky father.

Looks like a pretty darned good one, too.  Thanks for posting this.
And for raising some great kids!

Dad on the left, receiving his "Boomer" card for having broken the sound barrier back when that was still a big deal. 

We had kind of a rough time together for my first 2 decades, but we reconciled in my 20th year and he became my best friend until his untimely death 10 years later. Unbeknownst to me, he was trying to do the best he could those 20 years. The next 10 years were awesome. He's been gone 38 years and I still miss him very much and wish we had more time together. However, I'm grateful and feel blessed for my time with him, especially those last 10 years.

3oqWoVd.jpg

Archived